What I Saw: On the Field for Senior Day

He was an internet legend when he signed, and he lived up to the hype. Seems like it was just yesterday too, which is crazy.

He's definitely one of those personalities that I'll miss, probably more than his on the field production. Which is saying a lot.

Agreed I know I'm gonna miss seeing him catch the deep ball next year. I hope he makes it at the next level.

DJK, my man, I have already told you this, but I will miss the heLL outta you wearing the Black n Gold! Let's get 2 more wins together!!!

This isn't an exact representation of what happened. I was sitting on the front row, about 10 seats from the tunnel. DJK was a wreck long before he got to the head of the line, shaking his head, he went to his knees once, and yes, he was crying. I was surprised because I was expecting AC to get more emotional than he did.

Why do I say this? When the student section noticed DJK was getting soooo emotional, that's when the DJK cheer started & it actually seemed to lift DJK up a little bit. It was a pretty neat thing to witness. I got it all on video but I have enough respect for the players on our team to not put it on the interweb. I share it because I am pretty proud of how our fans have supported the hawks this year.

You could take that video and combine it with a 4 year highlight show... properly done, it'd make a great tribute for the seniors. It would help people understand the true investment these players put into their careers.

Nice article!

Surprised you did not include your thoughts on the flyover...which was awesome!

My wife and I always look forward to Senior Day knowing it will be an emotional one.

Having Gable as Honorary Captain was really moving.
At half time, he clearly felt the impact of the moment.

As you said, other than the final outcome, quite an emotional and special day!

Go Hawks!

Latest posts