What has The Tournament revealed

I will get blasted for this, but, oh well. It’s the internet/HN version.
The BT championship trophy is a legit measure of conference strength.
The NCAA is an over rated crap shoot with too many variables to even wildly imagine. Hence, it means, well, what?
The argument that it’s all about guard play is nonsense. It is all about matchups, balance on O, really good D, officiating predictability, which is a wild card, and rarely coaching, since most all of them are really good.
Anyway, like it or not, this is what the tournament revealed.

Oh Contrarie....that honor goes to one Wayne Woodrow Hayes (who had three punching incidents prior to Charlie Bauman) (or perhaps Kermit Washngton)
In retrospect Kermit Washington probably wishes he had open hand slapped Rudy T (and John Shumate for that matter)

Had he only slapped Tomjanovich he wouldn't have rearranged his nose, jaw, and cheekbone.

The plastic surgeon who initially treated Rudy by sealing his brain capsule and reconstructing his tear ducts in addition to all the other damage compared his injuries to being thrown through a windshield.

Oh Contrarie....that honor goes to one Wayne Woodrow Hayes (who had three punching incidents prior to Charlie Bauman) (or perhaps Kermit Washngton)

I remember watching this game with my pals

We were screaming and yelling all the louder when Woody went all King Kong

:cool:

I will get blasted for this, but, oh well. It’s the internet/HN version.
The BT championship trophy is a legit measure of conference strength.
The NCAA is an over rated crap shoot with too many variables to even wildly imagine. Hence, it means, well, what?
The argument that it’s all about guard play is nonsense. It is all about matchups, balance on O, really good D, officiating predictability, which is a wild card, and rarely coaching, since most all of them are really good.
Anyway, like it or not, this is what the tournament revealed.
I would add it's also about hitting shots. If you come out and shoot as poorly as the Hawks did you have a good chance of going home.