WHAT HAPPENED TO MARBLE FT SHOOTING

longtimer

Last year Marble was a very good free throw shooter and he is really struggling this year. He has always been an inconsistent shooter but has been good from the line especially when it counts. Hopefully he picks up because you know the ball is going to be in his hands late in big games.

Also if he has any hope of playing beyond college (NBA) he better show that he can shoot better than 65% from the line. I realize his chances of playing in the NBA are not great but if he has any chance he has to be a lot more consistent and improve from the line

Last year Marble was a very good free throw shooter and he is really struggling this year. He has always been an inconsistent shooter but has been good from the line especially when it counts. Hopefully he picks up because you know the ball is going to be in his hands late in big games.

Also if he has any hope of playing beyond college (NBA) he better show that he can shoot better than 65% from the line. I realize his chances of playing in the NBA are not great but if he has any chance he has to be a lot more consistent and improve from the line

His FT shooting lately has been really disappointing and frustrating, to say the least. He's not an NBA player, not even close. The guy misses more wide open 3's than he makes. He'll have a great career in Europe I'm sure.

Yeah, this has had me puzzled as well. Marble was automatic last year, especially when the game was close. But so far this year he has been struggling at the line and I don't get it.

It's to bad too because if he was shooting them like last year we would probably be undefeated.

Mikey and Dev both shot 80% last year from the line. This year, combined,they are 60 of 91...under 66%. If they were shooting 80%, they would have another 12 made free throws, enough to make the difference in the two losses.

Just an early season statistical quirk? Lets hope so. As Fran said, they designed the last minute to get those two guys to the line.

He better figure it out soon, we lose too many close games, we could end up in the NIT. We don't play in the Big 12, wins are hard to come by.

Nothing that about 1000 free throws when they got home last night wouldn't cure. :)

It looks like to me he is shooting the ball with a lot more arch on his shot this year. Both from the free throw line and jump shots.

obviously it looks like Utoff has the best stroke , but way easier said than done. End of the game you have to be able to dribble drive not Utoff game.

Latest posts