What Do You Want With Last Scholarship?

I'd take any good player. But in my opinion, in college basketball you can never have too many guys who can both handle the ball and penetrate.

1. Combo/PG
2. Big
3. Athletic Wing
4. Bank it

I would put banking it way above athletic Wing imo. We have quite a bit of depth at SF and okay at SG.

I say solid PG that just asked out of LOI or save it for next season.

Gibson or save one for Gessel so he can replace Cartwright in 2012. Does anybody know which position Gessel prefers to play in college? point or off-guard, I'm sure he is following the Hawkeyes recruiting along with Woodbury

If we could get gibson thatd be awesome but if not bank it and convince paige to re think unc lol

Gibson or save one for Gessel so he can replace Cartwright in 2012. Does anybody know which position Gessel prefers to play in college? point or off-guard, I'm sure he is following the Hawkeyes recruiting along with Woodbury

We have cartwright, brommer, archie, and gatens gone for next year. We only have Meyer as a committ. Why would we need to save on for Gessel?

We are now covered on the frontline and will hopefully add Woody next year,so I am fine with adding a pg or combo ...or banking it for another combo next year along with Gesell,hopefully. If we bank it...add Woody,Gesell,a top combo,and a top high flying small forward like the kid from Indiana we are recruiting.

We have cartwright, brommer, archie, and gatens gone for next year. We only have Meyer as a committ. Why would we need to save on for Gessel?

If Fran signs a high school point guard this spring Gessel may not want to sign, a lot of coaches tell recruits that if they sign with them, they wont recruit their position. Is gessel a point guard or off guard in college?

1. JUCO PG - this way it doesn't take away from the 2013 class.
2. Bank it - Marble was moved to PG in high school for a reason, not that he is the long term answer after Bryce, but he does have experience. The Wisconsin and Purdue games stick out to me when he played extended minutes at PG.
3. Percy Gibson - If Iowa were able to land him, say goodbye to Woodbury due to the definite need of adding backcourt help in the 2012 class and already having Olaseni and Meyer on board.
4. PG asking out of his LOI, I think this would have little impact on Gesell as he plays SG primairly now, but Mike would have to develop as a PG at the next level.

If we can get either Gibson or a good JUCO guard, then get them. Otherwise, bank it. This class looks solid enough that we could actually afford to bank one now. We can be slightly choosy.

If we can get either Gibson or a good JUCO guard, then get them. Otherwise, bank it. This class looks solid enough that we could actually afford to bank one now. We can be slightly choosy.

I understand your sentiment, but I really do think that Fran has been choosy. Unless Gibson will make the immediate impact that Mel made, I'm not sure.

I say solid PG or bank it. Getting Gibson would not be terrible obviously, but I want more scholarships for 2012. The staff has proven to me that they know how to recruit, and they have had more time with the 2012 players.

We really need point/combo guards. If we can't get a quality one here, I'd say bank the scholarship until 2012. Go after Gessel and another combo/point guards, along with a wing-guard and Woodbury. We'd have Woodbury, Meyer and Gabe at the five, with Basabe, White and McCabe capable of playing the four. We need some smaller combo/point guards for the future.

Latest posts