What do you think?

I think he will be good for our offense, IF KF lets him run it. He likes the aerial attack so I hear, and I think JVB can sling it if he's allowed to. JMO

if we don't take a knee with under 2 minutes to go in a half we will know things have changed.

Is everyone happy about the Greg Davis hire?

I am happy that he has been very successful and at texas he ran power I and spread. And he helped develop some very good QBs.

I think he will run KF's offense but coach up the players and I think he will give them more plays that work and more diversity.

Cautiously optimistic that he'll be able to outperform KOK. Seems like some of his weaknesses are KF's strengths, going on what I've read about him. Guess we'll find out.

Last edited:
if we don't take a knee with under 2 minutes to go in a half we will know things have changed.

I'm pretty sure this won't change. They have a high speed elevator in Kinnick. All elevators up in the boxes are turned off about 2 minuted before half time.

I speculate the film is getting taken to the locker rooms. In addition to taking a knee, don't you wonder when KF takes a time out, and then runs out the clock right before half time?

I'm pretty sure this is about film getting taken downstairs.

Until Iowa demonstrates a 2 minute drill ...
Until the majority of casual fans' ability to call the next offensive play falls below 60% ...
Until the offense finishes in the top 30 in the nation more than once or twice a decade (5 of 10 years) and never below 50th (that's merely the 60th percentile) ...

Until then ... yyyaaaaaaawwwwwnnnn!

Im pretty happy with the hire. He did some great things at Texas.

Is this why Iowa recruited a JC QB? To better suit the new OC?

How many Iowa coaches current or past have ever coached in two BCS national championship games? The question as pointed out by a few is will KF let this guy air it out as he pleases? I think he will and if he doesn't I dont expect this guy to stick around to long. Hail Rudock, Hail Rudock, Hail Rudock! Rudock is now Davis's biggest fan.

He will throw it on 3rd and two. Like the article states its his running game that has lacked. It also states that Vandy will benefit the most by this hire. If KF gives him the controls expect a lot of passing. The only way he runs the ball is if our running game has superiority over another teams defense. That is the rap sheet on this guy

He will throw it on 3rd and two. Like the article states its his running game that has lacked. It also states that Vandy will benefit the most by this hire. If KF gives him the controls expect a lot of passing. The only way he runs the ball is if our running game has superiority over another teams defense. That is the rap sheet on this guy

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. I'm just suggesting that I don't think there will be a major offensive rebirth. KF is the head coach, and our new OC is mostly in line with KF's philosophy.

Latest posts