what do you think fran will do

franstheman

to energize the fanbase and bring hawkeyes back to CHA? Remember he has an Ivy League degree in economics. Bet he can market a bit:)

There are a number of things that a coach can do to re-energize the fan base and FM has already started doing several of them. He has hired an excellent group of assistants, borought back Bowen, reconnected with past players, announced his uptempo style of play, and the list could go on...

In addition, the future excitement will come from FM's work ethic that has clearly come through. His recruiting efforts will pay off and he will bring in good players as a result. The list could go on, but obviously winning is going to be the biggest draw...no matter what, the Hawks are on the right track.

Recruit and win. You are talking entertainment dollars. People aren't going to pay good dollars for bad product.

1- Payne/McCarty/That other walk-on i can't think of his name
2-Gatens/Marble
3-May/McCabe
4-Basabe/Archie (I think he played this position at JC)
5-Cole/Brommer/Cougill

At Sienna, he brought in Kenny Hasbrouck who ended up being CFOY as a freshman. That helped bring in other players - three consecutive FOY's.

I think what Floyd did at ISU could be a good blueprint. Four of Floyd's starters on his second team were transfers and that team won the conference championship. He was then able to sign Marcus Fizer, who Larry E. was able to team with transfers like Tinsley to turn into another strong team.

While it might be late to get on top of good high school talent for 2011. It might be a good time to start targeting next year's JUCO's and keep an eye on good players from teams where the coach is on the hot seat.

Also, it might not be a bad idea to burn a year of scholarship on a late transfer who would have to sit a year in 2010 before being able to play next year. Particularly if that kid would be attractive to other good 2011 players.

Latest posts