What did you guys think of energy yesterday?

franstheman

There were times where I thought they lacked energy and other times where they looked to be flying around in the second half with great energy. What did you guys think?

I only saw occasional displays of emotion. From my couch it looks like the coaches are long on teaching and short on pre-game, in game emotion.

You know sometimes it's not all on the coaches to fire people up during games. Sometimes good football players just want to win and wear it on their sleeve.

Morris actually showed some emotion and energy when he was pursuing to the sideline.

But I always get the sense from an Iowa first game that players are really trying to focus on fundamentals like it is NFL preseason. And I think the coaches might be in the same mindset.

2nd half the Hawks came out ready to hit, you could see them flying to the ball on defense/ST, then gave up a 75 yarder to the QB and it put us on our heels for a while.

The offensive line really needs to have a fire lit under their butts. To get beat so many time in NIU territory, where's the desire to punch one in the endzone?

During the last TV timeout the defense was shouting support to the offense when they gave them the ball again on the 25. it was positive, but I also got the vibe the D was like "Lets ******* go!!"

2nd half the Hawks came out ready to hit, you could see them flying to the ball on defense/ST, then gave up a 75 yarder to the QB and it put us on our heels for a while.

The offensive line really needs to have a fire lit under their butts. To get beat so many time in NIU territory, where's the desire to punch one in the endzone?

You know, this line might have really been hampered by going against a poor DLine in the offseason. Cooper is about the only guy who gets off the ball with close to as much speed as the UNI DLine was.

Even when we weren't in no huddle, the offense was up at the LOS with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock pretty much every play. A huge step up from the KOK era. I'll take that sort of energy over a bunch of sideline antics any day.

You know, this line might have really been hampered by going against a poor DLine in the offseason. Cooper is about the only guy who gets off the ball with close to as much speed as the UNI DLine was.
Did you watch the game? The NIU d-line looked quick off the ball because they blitzed 6 or 7 every play and we couldn't pick it up for the .5 second you need to get the ball off.

Latest posts