What Did Lick Do To Brust???

HawkeyeShane

I haven't looked at Ben's highlight reel lately, but it seemed to me that alot of his highlights showed him dunking or hitting 3's off of the break or early in the half court offense...and yet he's looking for more "slow it down" teams now that Lick is gone? What gives??? Or am I wrong about his highlight reel?

I know, I know...throw this one onto the pile of Brust threads...

I haven't looked at Ben's highlight reel lately, but it seemed to me that alot of his highlights showed him dunking or hitting 3's off of the break or early in the half court offense...and yet he's looking for more "slow it down" teams now that Lick is gone? What gives??? Or am I wrong about his highlight reel?

I know, I know...throw this one onto the pile of Brust threads...

Agreed! I am one that thought Brust would be excited to play an uptempo game with McCaffery for the same reasons you pointed out. Who knows? Maybe I can start my own Brust thread..... better yet.. maybe a poll?

Maybe it's not Fran or the staff...

Maybe It's the AD/Administration....they did have a little "miscommunication"....

Brust seemed to really Lick and his staff, and seeing as how excited Brust was to get here, he seems the loyal type. Maybe after Lick got fired he felt like the university sold his guy out, and maybe Brust perceived it went down dirty and he just couldn't see himself playing here. I also wonder whether McCaffery was all that excited to re-recruit him. He constantly said he wants players that want to be hawks. When Brust said he wanted out, McCaffery might have just viewed it as opportunity to find a quality player (either this year or next) that wants to be a hawk. He was limited on scholarships, and kids like the combo guard from Philly might not be visiting if Brust was in the fold.

It is pretty simple, if Lick had stayed Fuller, Brommer, and Gatens would have left. This would have left Brust as the starting 2. With McCaffery as coach, Brust will see about 5-10 minutes per game this year. Next year, it sounds like Coleman will commit, thus Brust is probably no more than a career backup.

It is pretty simple, if Lick had stayed Fuller, Brommer, and Gatens would have left. This would have left Brust as the starting 2. With McCaffery as coach, Brust will see about 5-10 minutes per game this year. Next year, it sounds like Coleman will commit, thus Brust is probably no more than a career backup.
And Brust would see more time at Wisconsin than at Iowa? Sorry, I don't buy that logic one bit.

Difference of opinion, WI played a 3 player rotation at the point and wing last year and 2 of those players graduated. At Iowa most of his minutes would come as a backup PG, at WI his minutes would come as WG, with Taylor at PG.

Keep telling yourself this.

Did anyone stop to think that maybe coach Mac didn't really care for Brust? We have several players that are and will be ahead of him in our lineup.
Maybe coach wants a player more to his liking? Same with Larson, maybe he did his research and said no? Maybe he is zero tolerance on drugs? We don't know.

How do you know these players would have left. I do not think any of these rumors have been confirmed.

Brust seemed to really Lick and his staff, and seeing as how excited Brust was to get here, he seems the loyal type. Maybe after Lick got fired he felt like the university sold his guy out, and maybe Brust perceived it went down dirty and he just couldn't see himself playing here. I also wonder whether McCaffery was all that excited to re-recruit him. He constantly said he wants players that want to be hawks. When Brust said he wanted out, McCaffery might have just viewed it as opportunity to find a quality player (either this year or next) that wants to be a hawk. He was limited on scholarships, and kids like the combo guard from Philly might not be visiting if Brust was in the fold.

Giggity.

Latest posts