What did KF do?

Did KF call DJK or try to contact him after he found out or did he just say the heck with him?

I'm guessing it went along the lines of Pharoah to Moses...."Let the name of DJK be stricken from all record books and newspapers. Let the name of DJK be unheard and unspoken….erased from the memory of fans for all time. So it is written, so it shall be done."

I'm guessing it went along the lines of Pharoah to Moses...."Let the name of DJK be stricken from all record books and newspapers. Let the name of DJK be unheard and unspoken….erased from the memory of fans for all time. So it is written, so it shall be done."

Nice Ten Commandments reference.

Does it matter?

I guess I don't have this fascination to know the inner details of a relationship between two men.

I only care about KF as a football coach and DJK as a football player. I know neither of them as people beyond their roles on the Hawkeyes.

I think it is really interesting to think about what Kirk felt and said upon learning about the arrest.

Overall, I've always been fascinated and curious about the interaction between the two.

It is too easy to dismiss this situation as just another dumb athlete doing drugs. But I think DJK is a pretty bright guy with a lot of conflicted feelings. I've always had these questions about him and Ferentz.

If DJK was merely another arrogant, deluded, selfish athlete, why did he stick around the program for five years? You'd think he would have left years ago, fed up with always being in the dog house despite his immense and obvious talent.

Was he only happy when he was in the dog house? Was it his way of testing if Ferentz really cared about him? Did he always push the envelope just enough to get on Ferentz's radar but not so much Ferentz would dismiss him? Why?

Does DJK have a fear of abandonment (with good reason), so he has acted somewhat self-destructively (although fairly innocently) in the past to test if the coaches would abandon him too?

Why did he take the chance of getting caught with only a bowl game left in his career? Is he afraid of leaving the safety of being part of a college program? Of having people around who truly care about him?

DJK is 100% responsible for his actions, but I can't dismiss this as just another dumb athlete. As Jon alluded to on Senior Day, I think DJK has tremendous affection for the program and his teammates and coaches. Despite his ego, he stayed for a reason. He cried before and after the Ohio State game for a reason.

And yet he was so quick to admit the cocaine and prescription drug use yesterday. He's a tough nut to crack.

Latest posts