What are your expectations hence forth?

Iowa, Nebby and Wiscy will all be 4-2 in the B1G going in to the last two weeks of the season. The B1G West will be won or lost in Kinnick on Nov 22 & 28 by the team that wants it the most.

Last edited:
I'll be happy to get 8 wins. If our play was impressive I'd be pumped up about the rest of the season. We've played uninspired football for most of the year. I remember a season like this a few seasons ago that got going later in the season. I'd be thrilled to get the swagger back at Iowa.

It's true. The Hawks are 4-1, but how many of those wins do you want to go back and re-watch the game because of how exciting and dominant Iowa was. Maybe the 2nd half of the Pitt game. I'm hopeful there will be some DVR worthy games still this year.

Outside the 2nd half of the Pittsburgh game, none of these games are DVR worthy.
Expectations are to win the next 5 games, and split between Wisconsin/Nebraska.

Stop being boring on offense(open it up),get back to winning all of our games at home and give us something to Cheer about.

It's true. The Hawks are 4-1, but how many of those wins do you want to go back and re-watch the game because of how exciting and dominant Iowa was. Maybe the 2nd half of the Pitt game. I'm hopeful there will be some DVR worthy games still this year.

The second half of the Pitt game was pretty good, but that's about it.

At the time, I thought the Pitt game was a good win (ok, no win is "bad") and that it was hopefully a sign of better things to come, and then Pitt turns around and loses at home by double digits, to Akron of all people. Blast.

Iowa really hasn't done anything to draw headlines yet this year, outside of losing to ISU. It's not been an exciting season so far, despite 4-1 looking pretty good on the surface. I guess it honestly feels quite a bit like last year to me so far, but we'll see how it ends.

The one guaranteed outcome is continued b1tching by those who post here.

I will be b1tching about our offense until I see us open it up, take some chances, and execute.

Our offense has been pretty conservative since 2005 Michigan game until we got behind then all of a sudden tate hits a big pass and we get down field only to go conservative again.

Let these kids play and try some exciting plays. It has been better the past 2 weeks but it needs to progress.

I will be b1tching about our offense until I see us open it up, take some chances, and execute.

Our offense has been pretty conservative since 2005 Michigan game until we got behind then all of a sudden tate hits a big pass and we get down field only to go conservative again.

Let these kids play and try some exciting plays. It has been better the past 2 weeks but it needs to progress.

I know what you mean. Get the lead, and sit on it kill the last 8 minutes of clock gets old.

but this came to mind...they weren't conservative while falling behind or coming back that day.

[video=youtube;DgWVtQKMpyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgWVtQKMpyk[/video]

How we play against Indiana on Saturday could very well tell us how we'll play for the rest of the season. I'd like to see us step up and play inspired football. Seems like I've been hoping for that for a long time. I think we'll get teased with it but in the end it will be a one score game and next week we'll be asking what are our expectations.

I have made an enemy. cyfan lurker "anyone but you" has decided he wants to downvote everything I say. He's given me 17 of my 19 down votes and now I am experiencing the pain and anguish that comes with that. I guess I'll struggle to get by without his acceptance and will continue to pray for him. Since he can't get any satisfaction from the joke that is ISU football he resorts to getting a thrill out of this. I hope he tries to get help with his issues. I can't really come up with anything more pathetic that he can do. I would like to know if he has an argument for my posts or if this is just a typical 6 year old type of thing. You know the story that came out when his mother was pregnant with him. His dad wanted a boy and his mom wanted a girl and they were both happy.

Kurt lost to the clown Paw Woads whilst Kurt's better QB was watching from the sideline. What I'm saying is that our team not only has to overcome the opponent, but it has to do so while battling through the obstinate incompetence of its coach.

A self-hobbled 7-5. Barely.

Kurt lost to the clown Paw Woads whilst Kurt's better QB was watching from the sideline. What I'm saying is that our team not only has to overcome the opponent, but it has to do so while battling through the obstinate incompetence of its coach.

A self-hobbled 7-5. Barely.

I love the Hawks more then anyone should so I go back every game hoping for something good. But after all these years I know that any sane person will have NO expectations for a Kirk Ferentz team.

Not that my expectations mean anything especially to KF but I'd like to see them play a full game on both side of the ball for every game here on out. I just don't get having a veteran offense looking like they forgot how to play when they start the season. Rust from the layoff, sure. But to keep inferior opponents in the game by playing it close, just no.

After setting in Kinnick and watching paw beat us I came to the conclusion that the only way to be a hawk fan and keep your sanity is to have no expectations. I have no expectations.

Perfect, Doc, no bitter disappointment if we lose and no bitter disappointment if we wln.....

Win, Win.....

I shall attend the game with two Sams and two others all with no expectations except from me as I anticipate a Hawkeye victory whether by a point or ten. Even though the D held Purdue to a field goal, that is difficult in college ball and the second half against Pitt was the start of a new Swagger and a return gradually to the Smash Mouth football hits of yesteryear...

I want to see stretchers carrying a Hoosier off the field each and every play.....

My heart will soar with profound joy.....

:rolleyes:

Latest posts