What are your expectations hence forth?

NCHawker

Well, I am hoping that an all new offense will take the field starting this weekend. What I mean by that is a team that can run the ball with success and a team that will pass the ball with success and a team that can score more than 3 times per game. I don't expect new plays or a change in tendency.

If I don't see that against indy, I may just DVR all the remaining games and enjoy my Saturdays doing something else... it may spell 2012.2

After setting in Kinnick and watching paw beat us I came to the conclusion that the only way to be a hawk fan and keep your sanity is to have no expectations. I have no expectations.

What I hope and expect to happen is iowa to win out and then split the Wisconsin and Nebraska games, and I think nebby wins the west still.

What I really think will happen, is that we lose to maryland, split the Northwestern and Minnesota games (which I think we lose to Minnesota somehow, maybe Northwestern also) and then we beat Illinois by 14, and then beat Wisconsin, and then lose big to Nebraska, as they win the west on our field.

That puts iowa at either from 9-3 or 8-4. Worst case 7-5. Then a holiday bowl appearance with Arizona state.

Board meltdown, especially if we win out through B1G CG and still are using 2 QBs. If we are down to using CJB and go 7-5, anti-KF crowd rises exponentially with each loss. Davis will be lampooned on an hourly basis. If it's still JR and we finish 9-3, KF will be hung in effigy, because everyone will know CJB would have meant the difference. If we go 8-4 and both QBs rotate because of injury, cue the, "Is Doyle still relevant to the program"? threads.

If, by a miracle, the Hawks make the playoff, this board will cease to become relevant until Signing Day 2015.

My expectations vs my hopes are very different. I hope KF doesn't go through with this QB committee thingy. I hope GD opens up the offense and the blonde stallion takes over.

I expect the same ol' same old. KF plays Rudock 90% of the time, CJ 10% rendering both ineffective. Weisman gets ridden into the ground. Greg continues his love affair with the horizontal pass game. Hawks finish 7-5 and go to some long forgotten bowl. The rainbow & ponies crowd is happy. Then next season we start the same old Ground Hog Day merry-go-round.:(

Three more wins, 4-4 conference record and a bowl loss.

This will be a successful season by KF standards. I expect he'll start JR and he'll play the majority of games so he can give the big middle finger to the fan base and let them know who is in charge.

My loose expectations or what I expect to see in the games:

Iowa's defense vs Indiana's offense barely beats out hawks offense vs IU defense for a close win, 28-24 or something like that.
Maryland is explosive offensively but Iowa might be one of the top defenses they have faced. Again Iowa's offense can eke out enough points for a big road win.

jNW's luck has been running out, Iowa offensive line handles new jNW defense and Hawks win at home.

Just like last year a total team win at Minny, hawks handle Minny's running game and the goofs cant pass well, hawks offense is too diversified for Minny and hawks win by 10.

Wisky too poor passing the ball but Gordon and running game eke out a win.

Hawks can hold down Abdullah enough to force Nebby to pass and a couple turnovers give hawks the win. Hawks win or tie for the west

MY expectations are to show a marked improvement from the offense. What I expect is no change in anything we've done already and continue to play Lickliter basketball on grass.

My expectations vs my hopes are very different. I hope KF doesn't go through with this QB committee thingy. I hope GD opens up the offense and the blonde stallion takes over.

I expect the same ol' same old. KF plays Rudock 90% of the time, CJ 10% rendering both ineffective. Weisman gets ridden into the ground. Greg continues his love affair with the horizontal pass game. Hawks finish 7-5 and go to some long forgotten bowl. The rainbow & ponies crowd is happy. Then next season we start the same old Ground Hog Day merry-go-round.:(

I think this is the closest to the truth. Iowa ends up 7-5 and goes to the whogivesarip.com bowl, and your typical Hawk fan will say it's been a great season because they made a bowl game. It isn't 1987 anymore, though, where you really had to have a very good team to make a bowl. 6-6 teams make bowl games all the time now, which is a total joke.

If Iowa finds an offense, it can certainly be much, much better than a 7-5 season, but waiting for Iowa's offense to find some potency under KF is like waiting for it to snow in Florida.

7-5, 8-4. Something like that. With this schedule, that's nothing to jump up and down about. The Big Ten is horrible this year, and our non-conference schedule was even more pathetic. A legit team would win 10+ games with the slate Iowa has in 2014.

Last edited:
I think this is the closest to the truth. Iowa ends up 7-5 and goes to the whogivesarip.com bowl, and your typical Hawk fan will say it's been a great season because they made a bowl game. It isn't 1987 anymore, though, where you really had to have a very good team to make a bowl. 6-6 teams make bowl games all the time now, which is a total joke.

If Iowa finds an offense, it can certainly be much, much better than a 7-5 season, but waiting for Iowa's offense to find some potency under KF is like waiting for it to snow in Florida.

7-5, 8-4. Something like that. With this schedule, that's nothing to jump up and down about. The Big Ten is horrible this year, and our non-conference schedule was even more pathetic. A legit team would win 10+ games with the slate Iowa has in 2014.

Bingo. If Iowa goes 7-5 with this schedule and as awful as the Big Ten is, throw in a loss to ISU on top of it, then there shouldn't be anyone satisfied with that.

My expectation is that nothing different will occur. The offense will continue to be ultra-conservative and unimaginative, causing the Hawks defense to keep it close enough to try to eek out a win, regardless of the quality of the opponent.

My hope is that the offense gets it figured out and they start to show a pulse, that the Hawks score 30+ per game, and the defense remains stingy.

This will be a successful season by KF standards. I expect he'll start JR and he'll play the majority of games so he can give the big middle finger to the fan base and let them know who is in charge.
Ferentz is a magician, isn't he? Most of us see the big plane at the center of the stage and when Ferentz pulls the curtain away from the plane, it's gone and most of us marvel how the plane disappeared... You know, he just had the plane drop to the subfloor.

After watching Rudock take most of the snaps and the Hawkeye faithful satisfied with another less than stellar offense, don't be at all surprised if Iowa has another drought of speed and talent from offensive recruits.

It's hard for me to cheer loudly for Iowa when the offense isn't... purposefully... all it could be.

Haven't cheered much this year to date. Wife asks, is everything is ok?

Just give me something to cheer about when Iowa has the ball. OK? Record is what it is but don't bore me to death.

Haven't cheered much this year to date. Wife asks, is everything is ok?

Just give me something to cheer about when Iowa has the ball. OK? Record is what it is but don't bore me to death.

It's true. The Hawks are 4-1, but how many of those wins do you want to go back and re-watch the game because of how exciting and dominant Iowa was. Maybe the 2nd half of the Pitt game. I'm hopeful there will be some DVR worthy games still this year.

Honestly, I have zero idea. The next two weeks will reveal a lot. 2-0 with improved offensive production will raise my expectations a great deal...0-2 would probably kill the season and even bowl hopes...1-1...it depends on how we get there.

Win Saturday and show me improvement, that's all I ask for now.

Latest posts