What are your expectations for Cook this season?

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
Cook has to show increased effort on the defensive end of the court. Trying to block every shot and getting in foul trouble isn't the way to do that. Keeping his man off the boards and not getting beat off the dribble is a good start but being the vocal defensive leader and leading by example with his defensive intensity will go a long ways. We have seen the type of player he can be offensively. A little more consistency with his jump shot would also help better round out his game.

Cook has to show increased effort on the defensive end of the court. Trying to block every shot and getting in foul trouble isn't the way to do that. Keeping his man off the boards and not getting beat off the dribble is a good start but being the vocal defensive leader and leading by example with his defensive intensity will go a long ways. We have seen the type of player he can be offensively. A little more consistency with his jump shot would also help better round out his game.

I don't want to make excuses for him, but it seems to me, that he gets a lot of questionable fouls called on him in the lane. I use questionable when I really mean bad calls, leading to him sitting on the bench.
This at least shows he's willing to take a charge. It'd be easier to just move out of the way or try to block the shot from behind.

I don't want to make excuses for him, but it seems to me, that he gets a lot of questionable fouls called on him in the lane. I use questionable when I really mean bad calls, leading to him sitting on the bench.
This at least shows he's willing to take a charge. It'd be easier to just move out of the way or try to block the shot from behind.

He's always good for getting an ugly charge in the first half too.

Latest posts