What are you expecting out of 2014 class?

I am well aware of who was infront of Leonard, but who is getting the most out of his freshman season. someone who started or someone who got mopup minutes?
my guess is a kid who starts. someone that is getting tested every game where a mistake here or there can lose the game.

As I agree with you Woody is getting more out of his FR season as far as "in-game" experience, however Leonard was/is also a lot more athletic center than Woody. Leonard was a lot smoother with his defense than Woody now but I think Woody's jump hook is off the charts.

Fran offered Bonifas a scholly on his 14th Birthday right before his freshman season began..
as for Jok just the other night he went 5-10 from 3 in a overtime win in which he hit the shot that put it into overtime, in his Freshman season NY2LA had him as the #1 player in the country he was top 5 everywhere else, til knee issues occurred

Pete went 2-5 from 3 in the SEP overtime game, he was 5-10 in the game over the weekend against the Blue Valley team from Kansas.

I am going to try and find a way to see Davis, it is just scary going to some schools in Detroit, have to look at their schedule, if they play Cass Tech at CT I may be able to go, but I haven't looked at their schedule yet.

To me, I think Bonifas will be a Hawkeye, not if, but when and with Finke off the board, I think you may hear something this Summer, just a feeling, if not sooner.

With the 2014 class, Iowa can afford to go all out on guys like Collier and Harris because they are getting to the point that even if those guys don't come, the staff is proving that they can evaluate talent, which is what really gets me excited when I see players like Collier/Harris having interest in Iowa and have been on campus and I know the Iowa staff have seen both. Larry Austin has been to Iowa City as well, but I don't see a pure PG in this class, which is why I like Collier so much as he is growing and is a bit over 6-3 and says he is comfortable playing both guard positions.

Iowa has arrived on the recruiting scene and is going to get some top 150 kids, but also still look for guys like Clemmons and White. I think you will see Kyle Meyer in that same mold next season and why a true center will not be a priority, but a big man is and if Bonifas is not done growing he will be able to play both big spots.

Where did you hear that Collier is continuing to grow? All I've read is 6'1"-6'2". I really like his projected flexibility in the line-up.

I've heard Barnett is starting to get big-time interest which is one reason he's intriguing. Interested to hear your feedback on Davis.

Have you seen the article on Scout about the two guys at Sunrise Academy in Kansas (Gabe O's old school)? Apparently, they've generated interest and visits from the Iowa staff. 4* lightning-quick 5'9" PG Lourawls Nairn and 6'6"/195 lb 3* SF Marvin Clark.

Agree about Meyer. Bonifas could end up at Iowa. If Fran takes an IA player in 2014, I think it's him. I've heard he's projected as the #1 recruit in Iowa in 2014 by ESPN.

Where did you hear that Collier is continuing to grow? All I've read is 6'1"-6'2". I really like his projected flexibility in the line-up.

I've heard Barnett is starting to get big-time interest which is one reason he's intriguing. Interested to hear your feedback on Davis.

Have you seen the article on Scout about the two guys at Sunrise Academy in Kansas (Gabe O's old school)? Apparently, they've generated interest and visits from the Iowa staff. 4* lightning-quick 5'9" PG Lourawls Nairn and 6'6"/195 lb 3* SF Marvin Clark.

Agree about Meyer. Bonifas could end up at Iowa. If Fran takes an IA player in 2014, I think it's him. I've heard he's projected as the #1 recruit in Iowa in 2014 by ESPN.

I saw the article about Collier on ESPN...will try and find it.

No haven't seen that on Scout don't visit that site much.

I still don't see a true PG in this class.

If I see Davis I will post something.

My hope would be for a pg or combo guard that can sit behind gesell and clemmons for a little while getting minutes here and there and learning. Along with a center that can do the same behind woodbury. Especially the center though as I think it is very possible woody could leave after his junior yr.

Woodbury is a better passer and more of a center as Leonard liked the 3 point shot

Seriously herby, you have no idea what you are talking about. Meyers Leonard was 1/11 from 3 point land his sophomore season. That doesnt seem like a guy who "liked the 3 point shot".

then that blows the theory has of only 7'0 forwards, and Woody has no chance at being a center in the NBA.
didn't find a sarcasim smiley as I know all about what Leonard did:p
ite some of these other that have no clue, just like Zeller has no chance at playing in the NBA as a center:rolleyes:

then that blows the theory has of only 7'0 forwards, and Woody has no chance at being a center in the NBA.
ite some of these other that have no clue, just like Zeller has no chance at playing in the NBA as a center:rolleyes:

Zeller is on a whole different level than Woody, if you can't see that then Red, my man, you are lost.

Read it. Couldnt comprehend it.

I read it on ESPN, I quoted part of the article on him in the Recruiting thread, but I can't find the article now...sorry man, it was good, they talked about how he has a high IQ as well.

I read it on ESPN, I quoted part of the article on him in the Recruiting thread, but I can't find the article now...sorry man, it was good, they talked about how he has a high IQ as well.

Found this 2011 article about Collier:
Dominique Collier Has NBA Mentor, Chauncey Billups | Hoopniks

Interesting quotes:
"Collier is blessed with a 6'6" wingspan," tops at the development camp he was at. At the time, he was listed at 6'2" tall.

"A slippery and deceptively athletic point guard, Collier blends distribution skills with a consistent shot."

"Collier is considered by Colorado high school basketball observers to be the best lead guard prospect that state has had since NBA star Chauncey Billups, which is fitting, because Collier is being mentored by Billups."

Unfortunately, since Billups went to Colorado, he's probably pushing Collier in that direction.

We could certainly use consistent shooters. With his size/flexibility/athleticism, Collier would be a well-used commodity early for Iowa. That would be good for him too as by that time we would certainly be back in the NCAA tourney.

I think a reasonable expectation would be something along the lines of:

Tyler Ulis
Darrell Davis
Malek Harris

...and then throw in Johnny Woodard if a scholarship opens up.

Latest posts