What are the odds of Iowa trotting out...

100%. There's an old lesson you learn growing up in a small iowa town. Set low expectations, you are a lot less likely to be let down.

10%.... I'm going to give Kirk credit for being smart enough to acknowledge there is a need for a change. I hope he doesn't fool me.

I'm not sure what change that is... whether it's just at the QB spot or my preference would be replacing Davis and starting fresh with a new OC.

I'm pretty sure that Iowa will start the bowl game with CJB at QB and go 3 wide with Willes (who will have been recently reinstated), KMM, Smith. We will rotate in Powell to get him looks down the field. Canzeri, AW, and Parker will rotate and running back. We will mix in some tight ends over the middle once we have opened up the field and pound the hammer MW in short yard situations. There will be a nice balance of run, play action, and throws over 10 yards. Iowa will attack no matter how far ahead or behind they are. They will attempt to score on every possession and put constant pressure on the opposing defense.

That sounds just like a KF coached team right?

. . . And then you will wake up.

If I see #15 trot onto the field later this month, let alone next season, Ima be inclined to destroy something.

As bad as GDGD may be, his playcalling did in fact produce open wide receivers downfield.

Play call => open receiver downfield => checkdown for 2 yards.

Gershdarn...I wonder what the proximate cause of that FAILtrain could be?

I'm pretty sure that Iowa will start the bowl game with CJB at QB and go 3 wide with Willes (who will have been recently reinstated), KMM, Smith. We will rotate in Powell to get him looks down the field. Canzeri, AW, and Parker will rotate and running back. We will mix in some tight ends over the middle once we have opened up the field and pound the hammer MW in short yard situations. There will be a nice balance of run, play action, and throws over 10 yards. Iowa will attack no matter how far ahead or behind they are. They will attempt to score on every possession and put constant pressure on the opposing defense.

That sounds just like a KF coached team right?

Teh sarcasm, it is noted...

That sounds just like a Thunder coached team.

Alas that sounds just like the opposite of a Kurt coached team. On the KF coached team, Doc Checkdown throws checkdowns to Vandeburg and then audibles into a Weisman run to the edge of the short side of the field.

It's trickery, you see.

Guessing all 3 will happen ... Although from a football program perspective, you would be crazy to not make SOME type of change (i.e. Davis "retiring"). That will be a pretty tough sell to put the same product on the field next year ... My two cents ... they at least need to send Davis off in the sunset since we know Kirk isn't going anywhere. As for Jake ... well ... Jake will be a senior ... and we know how Kirk loves him some Jake ... :)

...KF, Greg Davis and Jake Rudock to start 2015? Quite frankly, it's a very depressing thought. Here's what I think/hope will go down:

Greg Davis will retire, opening up the OC position and more importantly, the QB position since both (really all 3) QB's will have the same time in the new system. I think this is how KF saves face by not benching JR this year and is able to insert a new QB.

So original question. What do you give the odds of KF, GD and JR (all three) taking us into the 2015 season?

First of all... KF has nothing to save face about. JR is our best QB.... PERIOD.

Second... As I said before on this forum, JR will start every game for the balance of his career, barring injury... get used to it.

Third... if CJB makes the silly mistake of transferring out I wish him well but the program will not notice the difference.

Fourth... Greg Davis... ADIOS... the sooner the better.

100% for all three (unless GD contract is up).Changing QBs means admitting he was wrong in 2014.

Changing OC means admitting he was wrong since 2011.

The only way this goes down is the Ken Miller Plan: Barta sits KF down and says the fans are holding on to their money because they do not see any hope. You are going to play CJ or you are on the hot seat for 2015 and I will use your own standard to judge you....competing for conference titles which you haven't for years.

Just as nothing in KF's history would indicate significant change; nothing in Barta's history would Indicate that.

I believe all assistant contracts are year to year.

One thing you can bet on, if KF is our coach next year, Jake is the starter. No question on that. I think its a 50/50 chance GD will be back. If history tells you anything, all 3 will be back because "that's football".

This is where I'm at. I think both coaches are back and JR is the starter.

If I had to bet on a % of all 3 of those events happening, I would bet against it. I may be in the camp that wants house cleaned (and I was not at this time last year), but I do think KF would like to feel a little less heat, and is smart enough, that he makes a move or two which includes letting GD "retire"! Especially if we see status quo in bowl game....which unfortunately we will.

The other scenario is CJB sticks around and JR gets injured before season starts, or as mentioned, "wins" the position with the aforementioned new OC.

As long as the clueless one is here, Rudock will be qb. Clueless will never ever start CJ because that would indicate he was wrong, and clueless loves giving the middle finger to the fan base.

KF knows only 2 types of change:

1. His underwear, every day
2. What the cashier returns to him when he buys a pack of gum.

I, too, would love to see a new coaching staff but that is not going to happen.

Latest posts