What are the odds of Iowa trotting out...

Bohawk

...KF, Greg Davis and Jake Rudock to start 2015? Quite frankly, it's a very depressing thought. Here's what I think/hope will go down:

Greg Davis will retire, opening up the OC position and more importantly, the QB position since both (really all 3) QB's will have the same time in the new system. I think this is how KF saves face by not benching JR this year and is able to insert a new QB.

So original question. What do you give the odds of KF, GD and JR (all three) taking us into the 2015 season?

I'm not as sure about Davis, given rumors of his possibly retiring, but I'd bet money that JR will be our starter next year. If CJB ends up transferring, then that's definitely a done deal.

KF will be back.

I would add, if GD does NOT retire, that I believe he too will be back. KF has said before that he thinks GD is a great coach.

The thing is KF doesn't change and they're isn't anyone with big enough stones to make him change. The same three will be back as you mentioned in 2015 to run things in the ground more yet. It's getting embarrassing with the decision that the coaches make on the field and off.

Its not Jake's fault, He's doing what he's told.

I need to clarify one part of my post. I said "more importantly" in reference to the QB and I didn't mean that. I believe the most important move is getting GD out of there. My thought process was to say that a change in QB will only come if GD is gone.

I think JR would be fine in KOK's offense or something similar. I just really think GD is a horrible, horrible coach. And I think that's being kind. I don't believe GD's offense has any chance under JR and only a mild chance under CJB.

In my opinion there is 0 chance of anyone but Jake being the QB next year. I do think it's time for GD to go. Somebody has to be the fall guy for this dumpster fire of a season.

100% chance, Greg Davis will not be fired and he won't retire. Jake is the QB until his arm falls off (how would you know? Ba tum tiss). Pretty sure after he graduates a new freshman sporting a mustache named Julio Rudock-o will be a walk on and get the starting job

100% chance, Greg Davis will not be fired and he won't retire. Jake is the QB until his arm falls off (how would you know? Ba tum tiss). Pretty sure after he graduates a new freshman sporting a mustache named Julio Rudock-o will be a walk on and get the starting job

Do you know much about this Julio Rudock-o? How are his check down skills?

Do you know much about this Julio Rudock-o? How are his check down skills?
I know if he audibles at the line of scrimmage, the play is a run to the short side of the field 95% of the time. He is a perfect fit for the system. Muy Bueno.

100% for all three (unless GD contract is up).Changing QBs means admitting he was wrong in 2014.

Changing OC means admitting he was wrong since 2011.

The only way this goes down is the Ken Miller Plan: Barta sits KF down and says the fans are holding on to their money because they do not see any hope. You are going to play CJ or you are on the hot seat for 2015 and I will use your own standard to judge you....competing for conference titles which you haven't for years.

Just as nothing in KF's history would indicate significant change; nothing in Barta's history would Indicate that.

Iowa took ALOT more shots down field this year. Iowa had wrs running wide open all over the place in many instances that were either left unnoticed or over/under thrown. In fairness to Greg Davis, he I'm sure didn't want a fullback toting the ball all game every game.

It comes down to personnel and execution. We clearly know how we stand in those categories. I think bringing in a new guy just will set this program back a few more years again, so what's the point?

With #16 starting and a new rb there is hope to me in the current offense. Cj showed he can hit the long ball with consistency most of the time coming into a game cold.

Idk, if we aren't starting over from the top, which in all likelyhood we will be in the next few years, why change the offense again...

Just spit balling...carry on.

Estimated probabilities they'll be back (or start at QB in Rudock's case):

Ferentz: 0.97
Davis: 0.65
Rudock: 0.55

According to my mathinator the estimated odds of all three events occurring is about 1 in 3.

patmyne, I think this is a fair assessment. I agree that the offense changed midway through the season, but the personel wasn't there to execute. KF obviously told GD that his offense wasn't cutting it, but it was also obvious that the conservative approach, most likely dictated by KF, held the offense back to an extent. I don't have a problem with zone blocking at all, but you have to have the RB to make it effective. The Nebraska game came down to a tightening of the sphincter combined with JR missing open shots downfield.

That being said, I don't think you get a change in QB without a change in OC. Otherwise, fault has to be admitted and I don't see that happening. But I get your point.

...KF, Greg Davis and Jake Rudock to start 2015? Quite frankly, it's a very depressing thought. Here's what I think/hope will go down:

Greg Davis will retire, opening up the OC position and more importantly, the QB position since both (really all 3) QB's will have the same time in the new system. I think this is how KF saves face by not benching JR this year and is able to insert a new QB.

So original question. What do you give the odds of KF, GD and JR (all three) taking us into the 2015 season?

Reasonable to predict Davis will retire. I also predict that Ferentz will grow his hair long, like his new starting QB, Beathard, in a show of support for CJB. But, Rudock will also grow his hair long, like Beathard, and Ferentz will become confused and start Rudock, thinking he's starting Beathard, who will then cut his hair to no longer be confused with Rudock, but by that time, Ferentz will stick with Rudock because he likes his new long hair do.

One thing you can bet on, if KF is our coach next year, Jake is the starter. No question on that. I think its a 50/50 chance GD will be back. If history tells you anything, all 3 will be back because "that's football".

Odds are high and that is a scary and unpleasant thought. Let's table that for later, need a break!

I'm pretty sure that Iowa will start the bowl game with CJB at QB and go 3 wide with Willes (who will have been recently reinstated), KMM, Smith. We will rotate in Powell to get him looks down the field. Canzeri, AW, and Parker will rotate and running back. We will mix in some tight ends over the middle once we have opened up the field and pound the hammer MW in short yard situations. There will be a nice balance of run, play action, and throws over 10 yards. Iowa will attack no matter how far ahead or behind they are. They will attempt to score on every possession and put constant pressure on the opposing defense.

That sounds just like a KF coached team right?

Latest posts