What are our D-backs doing? stupid

uihawk82

geezuz, decent rush by only ott.

The other rushers didnt look ready at the snap,

WTF????? Dbacks are getting turned and screwed into the ground

Does Pitt have 5 Larry Fitzgerald's out there.

They're doing their best. They are not skilled football players.

Add in inexperienced and injured. Perfect storm of fail.

King getting rotated out, Flemming had to get his ankle retaped, Mabin hobbling with a bad ankle. All of a sudden we are not healthy at CB.

I think it boils down to the fact that although we have some good players, we also have a several that just aren't very good. Much of it is the coaches and scheme not having them in the right positions to make plays, but even if they were, I just don't think they're good enough to make the plays.

Bottom line, unfortunately... we're just not very good and there doesn't seem to me much that can be done to remedy that. I'm slowly (or maybe not so slowly) going over to the other side.

What because of one play??

i'd be more concerned with the front 7 giving up rushing yds play after play.

I think it boils down to the fact that although we have some good players, we also have a several that just aren't very good. Much of it is the coaches and scheme not having them in the right positions to make plays, but even if they were, I just don't think they're good enough to make the plays.

Bottom line, unfortunately... we're just not very good and there doesn't seem to me much that can be done to remedy that. I'm slowly (or maybe not so slowly) going over to the other side.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by the other side?

Bottom line, unfortunately... we're just not very good and there doesn't seem to me much that can be done to remedy that. I'm slowly (or maybe not so slowly) going over to the other side.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by the other side?

The side that is ready for a complete change in the program from top to bottom. Not quite there, but getting very close. Trying to hang in there, but it's getting harder and harder to do.

This is more on the LBs than the DBs. We have to blitz them because they are bad in coverage and to try and get the passer into passing quicker. This has left the DBs in more man to man than they should be.

Bottom line, unfortunately... we're just not very good and there doesn't seem to me much that can be done to remedy that. I'm slowly (or maybe not so slowly) going over to the other side.

I would like to recall this post... it came at a weak moment! :)

That defense really dug in. Just a much better job of staying close to receivers. huge improvement.

They looked lost in the first half and maybe Pitt was throwing new looks at them but 2nd half was huge

Outside of basic tackling I didn't have big problem with the D-backs. I would say that King seems to be the only player today in the LB/DB group that tackles below the waist. Fortunately the Pitt backs had some difficulty just getting past our DL in the 2nd half because they just rolled off the shoulder tackling exhibited by our LBs and DBs in the first half.

I thought the DBs did OK today. They came up big late in the game. The LB play continues to be a concern. They are late and over commit. I'm guessing they will continue to get better.

On the replays you could see that when a receiver made a cut one way, the DB's first step was the other way causing huge unnecessary separation. Are they coached to do that to defend the double move at all costs or are they that bad?

Latest posts