What am I missing here

floydvane

We have a QB that will start every game he is not hurt, so the back-up is not needed (in a perfect world)
KF burns the redshirt on Stanley so he can be that back-up. Don't like that but if the kid is that good OK

Here is what I don't get, redshirt is burnt so why not get him some reps with the first team. MY LORD we
had CJB in there with a 40 point lead in the 4th quarter.

We have a QB that will start every game he is not hurt, so the back-up is not needed (in a perfect world)
KF burns the redshirt on Stanley so he can be that back-up. Don't like that but if the kid is that good OK

Here is what I don't get, redshirt is burnt so why not get him some reps with the first team. MY LORD we
had CJB in there with a 40 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Two games into the season and a new center. It's about in-game reps.

I thought he would come out after the Daniels TD run, but he got one more series. That series did include different skill positions (Toks at RB, Scheel at WR; probably others, but I noticed those 2 because they touched the ball). Perhaps he wanted some of those guys to get some reps with QB1? Oh well, we really are just talking about a single series that is being questioned, not an entire quarter or anything.

Hopefully Stanely will get to open it up in one of these games soon. He did have the first completion of his career, that is a positive.

Getting CJ and Desmond out of there when it was 35-3 would probably have been best.

But as far as the backups getting more meaningful in-game reps, I guess I don't get too worked up about that. For example, when Drew Tate was the backup in 2003 as a true freshman, he attempted all of 11 passes that year and it didn't seem to prevent him from being the 1st Team All Big Ten QB in 2004. If Stanley is good, he's good, and limited in-game reps aren't going to hurt him. The main thing (and Tate backed this up in his most recent podcast on HuddleCast) is that Stanley is getting 2nd team reps in practice....meaning he's running our offense and not sitting on scout team running the other team's offense. This is what will prepare him for next year....not some blowout, scrub reps at the end of the game.

Just that fact that a player is 2nd team means they are getting more meaningful reps during practice as opposed to being 3rd team. Getting those 2nd team reps are huge in player development.

Anyone who says kirk won't pummel a team is full of it. Luckily cj or king didn't get injured.

How often has KF pummeled someone. I wouldn't exactly call Saturday a pummeling. A sound defeat year. A pummel? No. ISU will suffer worse pummelings this year than Iowa's.

How often has KF pummeled someone. I wouldn't exactly call Saturday a pummeling. A sound defeat year. A pummel? No. ISU will suffer worse pummelings this year than Iowa's.
It's a KF standard pummeling. I honestly thought KF would pretty much just grind out the second half and kick some field goals but he didn't. KF isn't into humiliating a team but what he did to the clowns did serve the purpose. Just my opinion.

It's a KF standard pummeling. I honestly thought KF would pretty much just grind out the second half and kick some field goals but he didn't. KF isn't into humiliating a team but what he did to the clowns did serve the purpose. Just my opinion.

It's hard to grind it out and kick field goals then the other team can't stop anything you do.

They needed to get VandeBerg another highlight catch so he could impress his girlfriend. They might have had a few other things they wanted to work on as well.

Latest posts