What about Ricky Davis?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw"]YouTube- Ricky Davis Triple Double Ripoff[/nomedia]

Last edited:
From Ricky's web site (www.rickydavis31.com):

Ricky Davis is going to be getting buckets abroad for the rest of the current pro season.

No. 31 has joined Turk Telecom, a contender for the Turkish League title. According to Interbasket.net:

The addition of the 6-7 guard/forward strengthens Telekom for the most important battles of the season with the acquisition of a 30-year-old.

Turk Telekom is currently 5th in the Turkish league with 11-9 record. The things are not so good for the Turkish side in European competitions as they lie at the bottom of Group L in Eurocup’s Last 16 and are already eliminated with one game left to play.

The main aim now is the Turkish league title.

He has made AT LEAST 42 mill in his career... I sure hope not

If he's playing in Turkey, I have to assume he might not have that much to show for it. I hope I'm wrong, and it's really none of my business, but how many pros turn to Europe after making serious NBA money for so many seasons?

I love Ricky Davis. I remember when I was watching him at Vets in Des Moines in the high school tournament...and back then I never could have foreseen the awesomeness that he has become. Ricky Buckets baby...Ricky Buckets...for all of you out there that think hard work wins and hard work will get you far, look no further than Ricky Davis to prove you totally wrong. ALL TALENT. no heart...and don't even think about saying, "well just think how good he could have been if he worked hard"...bullcrap...the guy has an easy job, millions of dollars, prly quite a few kids, is now living in Eurasia, etc. etc....without even breaking a sweat, now that is hard work

Jealousy is such a stinky cologne. Ripping on a former HAWKEYE's work ethic, when he is one of the most successful pro basketball players that the Iowa program has ever seen. It says a whole lot about our fans (and not in a good way) to see them tear apart a Hawkeye. Wow.

Jealousy is such a stinky cologne. Ripping on a former HAWKEYE's work ethic, when he is one of the most successful pro basketball players that the Iowa program has ever seen. It says a whole lot about our fans (and not in a good way) to see them tear apart a Hawkeye. Wow.

He played for one season, and quit going to classes during that season.

Not exactly the Hawkeye role model I would want my children looking up to.

I have never thought of him as a HAWKEYE. He played basketball at the U of I for one season, not necessarily the same thing. He did have an amazing talent but it was always all about Ricky.

Except for the part where he is 100% correct. The guy is not someone to be looked up to.

If he's playing in Turkey, I have to assume he might not have that much to show for it. I hope I'm wrong, and it's really none of my business, but how many pros turn to Europe after making serious NBA money for so many seasons?

Scottie Pippen, Sabonis, Marbury and many others have all gone overseas to try and continue their career. Its not like he can go to the D League. Judging by his site and his foundation I would hope he still has some $

He has made AT LEAST 42 mill in his career... I sure hope not

Considering 70% of all pro athletes are broke 5 yrs after their career is over, its hard to say. Looking at the statistics and having seen some of the dumb things RD has done, I have no reason to believe he wont fall into that 70%. I hope I'm wrong.

OT: Mike Tyson made and squandered over 200 million dollars in prize fight money.:eek:

Considering 70% of all pro athletes are broke 5 yrs after their career is over, its hard to say. Looking at the statistics and having seen some of the dumb things RD has done, I have no reason to believe he wont fall into that 70%. I hope I'm wrong.

OT: Mike Tyson made and squandered over 200 million dollars in prize fight money.:eek:

Ya but he got it all back being on the hangover haha

Latest posts