What about blaming this guy?

On what grounds is he to blame? Please be specific.

His sole purpose is to help prevent stuff like this from happening. That's why he was brought on in the first place. Now either he's failing, and needs to go, or he actually IS making a positive difference. Either way, it doesn't bode well.

He got Wegher's girl preggos. He was in the car with ARob. He busted up a couple of knees and ankles, and he may or may not have allowed people to cheat on his tests. Duh.

Great point, he hasn't managed to be everywhere at once, babysitting 24/7.

His sole purpose is to help prevent stuff like this from happening. That's why he was brought on in the first place. Now either he's failing, and needs to go, or he actually IS making a positive difference. Either way, it doesn't bode well.

tm, you are in college right? Do all of the folks around you respond to authority figures the same way? Or how about RA's that are supposed to be "one of them." Do all college aged kids follow their guidelines to a T?

He got Wegher's girl preggos. He was in the car with ARob. He busted up a couple of knees and ankles, and he may or may not have allowed people to cheat on his tests. Duh.

No he didn't do any of that, but his job is to do everything possible he can to get all these guys to toe the line, and understand the responsibility they have to their families, university, and themselves to not blow this opportunity. Basically his job is to do everything in his power to end the off the field crap. If that stuff is getting worse since he's gotten here or isn't getting legitimately better, than why is he getting a check. This is the first time on this site i think somebody earning money is a legit question.

What he was brought in to make better has arguably gotten worse, at best has stayed the same, and he's getting paid for it to get better.

What about blaming this guy?
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-292389742-1299016661.jpg

No he didn't do any of that, but his job is to do everything possible he can to get all these guys to toe the line, and understand the responsibility they have to their families, university, and themselves to not blow this opportunity. Basically his job is to do everything in his power to end the off the field crap. If that stuff is getting worse since he's gotten here or isn't getting legitimately better, than why is he getting a check. This is the first time on this site i think somebody earning money is a legit question.

What he was brought in to make better has arguably gotten worse, at best has stayed the same, and he's getting paid for it to get better.

You can lead a horse to water, but............

tm, you are in college right? Do all of the folks around you respond to authority figures the same way? Or how about RA's that are supposed to be "one of them." Do all college aged kids follow their guidelines to a T?

No, they don't. But if he's not making a significant difference, why is he there at all?

You don't know how many young men he has had a positive influence on nor can you possibly know how many more wrong decisions would've been made by student/athletes had he not been there. Therefore it's impossible for us to know if he's doing a good job or not. He isn't a dictator demanding his minions act exactly as he says; he's a mentor trying to guide college kids in the right direction. Ultimately it's up to each individual to make his our her own choices.

The problem is that KF tried to pawn this responsibility off in the first place. Dude, you get paid 4 Million a year. Take some time to get to know your players.

No, they don't. But if he's not making a significant difference, why is he there at all?

How do you know he isn't?

If you watch the news you might think that everybody kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me.

But that is not the case. For every 1 bad story there are hundreds that you never hear about.

How do you know he isn't?

If you watch the news you might think that everybody kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me.

But that is not the case. For every 1 bad story there are hundreds that you never hear about.

And like I said, if he IS making a significant difference, then we're getting into a whole other can of worms. If what we've had going on for several years now is actually BETTER than what it could have been....well, I wouldn't exactly be proud of that.

You don't know how many young men he has had a positive influence on nor can you possibly know how many more wrong decisions would've been made by student/athletes had he not been there. Therefore it's impossible for us to know if he's doing a good job or not. He isn't a dictator demanding his minions act exactly as he says; he's a mentor trying to guide college kids in the right direction. Ultimately it's up to each individual to make his our her own choices.

Don't disagree with that at all, especially since my job is basically what his is, to be a life coach. I would agree with you that you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink and I would agree with the fact that we have no idea how many kids he has influenced in a positive way, he probably has effected the ones who screwed up in a positive way, but I also believe that you judge a tree by its fruit, and this fruit is getting worse.

Latest posts