What a let down

i have no faith what so ever in Gary Barta... I hope this guy can recruit at a big time program... seems to me like another WASTE

Pull your head up, no need to be negative about the hire. He hasn't even coached a game yet. Give it time, my friend..

Quick, name everything you know about this guy.

I DONT THINK THIS GUY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT HIMSELF...

i could give 2 craps that Siena has been in the NCAA tournament the last 3 years...he comes from a sub-par crap conference...

thank god its almost football season so i have something to look forward too.. if Iowas was concerned about putting butts back in the seats at Carver this isnt going to do it

Hot, loud mouthed wife

I would say passionate wife. She knows the game of basetball as she was an assistant at the D-1 level herself.. A lot of knowledge in that household..

Margaret McCaffery is also 12th on Notre Dame’s career scoring list and sixth on its career rebounding list. She also played professionally overseas.

I DONT THINK THIS GUY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT HIMSELF...

i could give 2 craps that Siena has been in the NCAA tournament the last 3 years...he comes from a sub-par crap conference...

thank god its almost football season so i have something to look forward too.. if Iowas was concerned about putting butts back in the seats at Carver this isnt going to do it

Why be so passionately vocal when you don't know anything?

Quick, name everything you know about this guy.

14 years coaching in low-level mid-major conferences (until Iowa came along), in his 50's.

3 years at Lehigh, 49-40 record.
6 years at UNCG, 90-87 record.

His only real success in 14 years as a HC appears to be the last 3 years at Siena.

McCaffery looks like basically a lifetime mid-major guy.

I am VERY underwhelmed by this hire.

Last edited:
because as iowa fans we all want the same thing.. wins wins wins. tourny appearances wins and more wins.. i dont think this guy is going to accomplish any of that...we all want a basketball program to be proud of and have iowa fans fill Carver not the ORANGE CRUSH..

we needed a wow factor hire and the only reason im saying WOW is because once again Barta came out of left field and will let us down

14 years coaching in low-level mid-major conferences (until Iowa came along), in his 50's.

His only real success appears to be the last 3 years at Siena.

+200

His only real success appears to be the last 3 years at Siena.

See concerns that have validity. Isn't it better and more constructive to actually express them?

I don't understand why people have to yell stupid crap like they're retarded. It makes our fan base look like a bunch of retards.

because as iowa fans we all want the same thing.. wins wins wins. tourny appearances wins and more wins.. i dont think this guy is going to accomplish any of that...we all want a basketball program to be proud of and have iowa fans fill Carver not the ORANGE CRUSH..

we needed a wow factor hire and the only reason im saying WOW is because once again Barta came out of left field and will let us down

Why?

Yuck, blah, gives me a feeling that I have the flu. Unless he hires a great staff we will back here in 3 years wishing, having wet dreams about Peral again. If Steve Forbes wasn't interviewed I have a huge problem with Barta.

i have no faith what so ever in Gary Barta... I hope this guy can recruit at a big time program... seems to me like another WASTE

You need to come to the realization that the Iowa job is not a hot one and in order to get our program back on track we're going to have take a chance on a coach.

I like this hire and think Barta found the right guy. GO HAWKS!

I cant believe part of the melt down is that Steve Forbes didnt get an interview. Other than being from Iowa and really wanting the job i dont see how we was a viable candidate considering he has never been a head coach. I am from Iowa and it would also be my dream job. Does that mean I shouldve been considered? I think so

Everyone needs to calm down a little bit. It isnt like we had a ton of great choices to choose from

Latest posts