Whar Outrage with Boeheim?

HawkIPA

Come on college basketball writers. Where is the outrage for Boeheim exploding on to the court and getting 2 technical fouls while going after an official?

Fran did it during a TV timeout and the only difference is the ref on Saturday got out of Boeheim's way when he was charging at him.

Its really hard to tell if Fran's T's in Madison cost Iowa that game but 'Cuse was only down 2 with 10 seconds left and Duke had a dead ball out of bounds underneath the 'Cuse basket. As Bilas said repeatedly during the tirade, "Jim Boeheim just ended this game."

I haven't looked to see who they play next. Are they as lucky as we were to play a team as bad as northwestern while he serves his suspension?

They've all done it at one time or another. I ask you this though. What happens if any of us do that in our work place today? Also, don't coaches ask their players to behave in a more appropriate manner than this? Grow up coaches

First ejection in Boheim's 38-year-career. How many has Fran had just in his four years at Iowa? Plus the charge call on the Syracuse player was total BS. Boheim was right to go nuts. More evidence of how refs protect Coach K and his band of fancy boyz.

If nothing else, the media should have been all over him for making sure that the game was lost. He stole his team's last opportunity to win a really big game.

I don't respect any grown man that acts like that, certainly not over a game of basketball. Doesn't impress me in the least. Call was very close, it was made, deal with it

First ejection in Boheim's 38-year-career. How many has Fran had just in his four years at Iowa? Plus the charge call on the Syracuse player was total BS. Boheim was right to go nuts. More evidence of how refs protect Coach K and his band of fancy boyz.

Sorry but I don't agree with this at all. Regardless of whether its BS or not it doesn't justify a coach getting thrown out. It didn't for Fran and it doesn't for Boeheim. What and what isn't a foul in the eyes of an official is a gray area, the way a coach conducts himself is not.

Umm, fail. Duke got screwed over in the Carrier Dome when they called Parker for a charge with about 2 mins left in regulation.

And Fran has only been kicked out twice that I can recall since he has been at Iowa and they were about 2 years apart so his suspension had nothing to do with being previously ejected.

I don't respect any grown man that acts like that, certainly not over a game of basketball. Doesn't impress me in the least. Call was very close, it was made, deal with it

Personally I'm pretty sick of all these Big 10 coaches acting like little children, this includes Fran. Seems the main credential for being a big 10 coach is to pout, yell, jump up and down, and whine. Even the newest crop of coaches act this way, except I don't seem to see Pitino do it as much. As bad as Bo Ryan, Izzo, and Thad Matta are, I think that dude from Illinois is the worst of them all

Edit: I should add that I think it starts from the top of the coaching ladder in the big ten. The guys who have been around the longest are generally the worst, so if you see the Izzo's/Ryan's doing it and seemingly getting calls, then you really have no other choice but to do it yourself. It's a culture more than anything

So if I have something go wrong today, at work, at home, in traffic, at the grocery store, I'm gonna go bat **** crazy like these coaches. Cool. And these are the people our society respects and idolizes? Meh, think about it

Personally I'm pretty sick of all these Big 10 coaches acting like little children, this includes Fran. Seems the main credential for being a big 10 coach is to pout, yell, jump up and down, and whine. Even the newest crop of coaches act this way, except I don't seem to see Pitino do it as much. As bad as Bo Ryan, Izzo, and Thad Matta are, I think that dude from Illinois is the worst of them all

Edit: I should add that I think it starts from the top of the coaching ladder in the big ten. The guys who have been around the longest are generally the worst, so if you see the Izzo's/Ryan's doing it and seemingly getting calls, then you really have no other choice but to do it yourself. It's a culture more than anything

Ranking of B1G coaches who act like idiots on the sidelines:

1- Groce
2- Izzo
3- Bo
4- Chambers
5- Matta
6- Fran
7- Crean
8- Collins
9- Beilein
10- Painter
11- Miles
12- Pitino

I ranked Fran lower than some because he isnt really that animated until he explodes. The guys ahead of him are doing it all game long. Collins could be a bit higher maybe.

Ranking of B1G coaches who act like idiots on the sidelines:

1- Groce
2- Izzo
3- Bo
4- Chambers
5- Matta
6- Fran
7- Crean
8- Collins
9- Beilein
10- Painter
11- Miles
12- Pitino

I ranked Fran lower than some because he isnt really that animated until he explodes. The guys ahead of him are doing it all game long. Collins could be a bit higher maybe.

I think I agree with that. I really like Tim Miles actually. Seems like a really good guy and coach. Will be interesting to see what Nebraska basketball will do over the next few years with those new facilities and him as their coach.

So if I have something go wrong today, at work, at home, in traffic, at the grocery store, I'm gonna go bat **** crazy like these coaches. Cool. And these are the people our society respects and idolizes? Meh, think about it

If you work in a place where all your coworkers get beneficial treatment for acting that way, I suggest you do it too or get left behind. Unfortunately refs are human and can be intimidated.

Sorry but I don't agree with this at all. Regardless of whether its BS or not it doesn't justify a coach getting thrown out. It didn't for Fran and it doesn't for Boeheim. What and what isn't a foul in the eyes of an official is a gray area, the way a coach conducts himself is not.

Refs are grwon men paid to do their job. If you don't do your job are you held responsible? Fran was holding the refs responsible for doing a **** job.

Latest posts