We've seen the ceiling

hawkdrummer1

I've got news for you guys, we've seen Fran's ceiling. This is what we're gonna get for as long as he's here.

A team that's soft physically and mentally. Too many skinny guys, no bad azzes. A coach that can't coach his team through the end of a game...and doesn't have them prepared for those situations.

Get used to it. This is what we have.

I've got news for you guys, we've seen Fran's ceiling. This is what we're gonna get for as long as he's here.

A team that's soft physically and mentally. Too many skinny guys, no bad azzes. A coach that can't coach his team through the end of a game...and doesn't have them prepared for those situations.

Get used to it. This is what we have.

I can live with where we're at as long as football can still continue to make up for it! :)

Thank goodness Davidson sucked, huh?

I think you mean thank goodness we made them look like they sucked. Vegas knows a lot about basketball and they thought they were pretty good. It sure looked like ISU sucked in the first half huh? Or maybe we just played really good and made them look like they sucked. Maybe Iowa looked like they sucked in the 2nd half because ISU is a really good team and played good. I love fans who judge how good teams are based soley on how we do against them. I bet you think Northwestern sucked in football this year. No way we were just good enough to make them look bad.

Face it: if Davidson wasn't terrible, we'd be passing around coaching replacement names and Fran would be on the hot seat, and rightfully so. That one game, and that one game alone, is why you think Fran has a few years left in him

I think Fran has a few more years in him because we may very well go to our 3rd NCAA tournament in a row and he has already got a commitment from 1 top 50 or so recuit in the next 4 classes. If Marble's team didn't fall apart late we would be talking about Fran being the greatest coach in Iowa history.

Face it: if Davidson wasn't terrible, we'd be passing around coaching replacement names and Fran would be on the hot seat, and rightfully so. That one game, and that one game alone, is why you think Fran has a few years left in him

That one game huh? That's one theory I guess, but you're the only one I've seen that has it.

I disagree, but thats only my opinion. Fran isn't perfect, but he's done a pretty good job. Time will tell.

I think Fran has a few more years in him because we may very well go to our 3rd NCAA tournament in a row and he has already got a commitment from 1 top 50 or so recuit in the next 4 classes. If Marble's team didn't fall apart late we would be talking about Fran being the greatest coach in Iowa history.
Ahhhh that rings a bell. Does tonight sound familiar? Fran's teams seem to always fall apart.

Huh? Fran McCaffery will never, ever be discussed as the greatest coach in Iowa history.

???
One of the silliest statements, ever. Marble's team fell apart, why?

I do know that the current 4 year group would lead Iowa in all time "blown double digit leads".

Well shoot. Here I was looking forward to a bright future of Iowa basketball. Thanks for setting me straight.

But they did.

What if a lot of Alford's teams didn't fall apart? What if Tyler Ulis had come to Iowa? What if Iowa had won the play in game two years ago with Duke being upset in that same bracket? What if, what if, what if.. We could play that game all day.

I prefer to live in the world of what IS.

Iowa is losing a ton after this year, so I shudder to think about next year. A few good recruits are coming, but I fear we're in for a couple of rough years before those players get experience, assuming they pan out and stay in the program. Who is playing PG next year? Unfortunately, Fran has failed miserably at recruiting that position.

He mainly gets a lot of tweeners.. Shaky PG play, and no dependable post option.

I like Fran and think he's done a good job, but I also am not sold that the 7 seed we saw last year is not the ceiling. I hope to be wrong, but it might also be a few years before they get back there, if they don't do it this year.

Latest posts