We've had it backwards the whole time

I watched the game Garvey and witnessed a team that couldn't miss against Iowa. Northwestern shot 47% from 3 and my guess is they haven't shot that good in any game since the Big Ten Started.

They are not a good shooting team. Stats not misleading!!

You might be right that NW is not a good shooting team but I'd say that at this point in the season we're even worse! Pat Harty just said on "Out of Bounds" that he thinks Iowa might be the worst team in the B1G right now.

We may or may not have better shooters than NW but we're among the worst in the conference.

While I don't, for 1 second, believe the Dakich hype - to say that this team is without a lot of talent is crazy. The problem isn't talent. The problem relates to lack of leadership and trust in each other, imho. I'd take the Hawk's talent over NW (and many other B1G teams for that matter) any day of the week! By the same token, give me the senior leadership of an Aaron Craft (or even D Crawford for that matter) over what the Hawks have any day of the week!

Yes, leadership is lacking but you're kidding yourself if you don't think talent is an issue as well. We probably finished right about where our talent level is; maybe a little higher. Our backcourt is probably the 3rd or 4th worst in the conference. Our big men run the floor well, but are avg rebounders and below avg defenders/scorers. Our 3's aren't quick enough to beat anyone off the dribble and don't shoot well enough to demand defenders play up on them. Oglesby's shooting is much improved, but running a play for him is so painful to watch as he has to come off 4381 screens to even have the possibility to catch any daylight b/c he's slow and our set plays for him are beyond obvious. Uthoff might be the weakest D1 sophomore I've seen. I just don't understand why everyone thinks we're just this ultra-talented team with all americans sitting on the bench. It's just not the case, and it's getting really f'n old hearing the same drivel spewed game after game while evidence to the contrary mounts with every possession.

Did you watch the game last night? I didn't say NW has more talent in all areas but anyone with eyes can see that their best 3-4 guys shooting the ball our more skilled than our best 3-4, no matter what the sometimes-misleading statistics say.

Crawford and Demps could play for us, but no one else. We have superior talent to a fairly talentless NU squad. With that said, I see this team as worn out and a step slow. Wide open looks at the end of shot clocks has been a consistent problem thru this losing streak. We are a step slow in those situations and on loose balls. We have difficulty corralling rebounds as well. They just look fatigued and are ready for the off season. And teams have figured us out. Don't let us run. Pack in a zone, rough us up, and allow us to take quick, often bad shots because we are in a hurry.

Latest posts