Western Michigan or Minnesota?

TwinCitiesHawk

Weaksauce
Which loss was worse?

I vote for WMU, simply because it was the last game of the year, the Hawks had looked slightly improved, and a bowl game was on the line. Home game, vs. MAC opponent who had losses against such powerhouses as Ball State, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Toledo, and Indiana.

Yeah, Minnesota sucks this year, and they (should have) had no business beating Iowa. But, who's really surprised? At least they showed life against USC. But... they did lose to NDSU, NMST, and blown out by Purdue, UM, and Nebby.

Could also through a home clobbering to Northwestern in 2006 into the mix. NU was 2-6, with losses to new Hampshire and Nevada.

Oh well.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks beat UM, MSU, and Purdue to get to 8 wins. That's how this team rolls.

I'm not sure which is worse, either. But this is definitely as low as I've felt since that miserable night in November.

ALL OF THE LOSSES HURT AND SUCK. YESTERDAY'S WAS JUST THE LATEST IN THE STRING.
"That's football", my FAT POLISH AZZ.
Wrong answer, Kirk.

if you want to be a good program you have to curb stomp the teams you know suck....Minny was one of those teams

Last edited:
This team could end up like KSU in 2007. 5-3 going into the ISU game.... ISU was 1-8 at the time, with losses to UNI, Kent State... only win was Iowa. Oops.

I still say WMU, a 3-7 MAC school comes into Kinnick on Senior day with an Iowa bowl bid at stake and wins - WTF???

I'd also point out that KF took no flak (not that he would have anyway) over that loss as the "Kirk Ferentz to Michigan story" enveloped the whole immediate post season that year.