West Sioux high scoring champions...

revkev73

West Sioux won the state title in class A...with the highest scoring offense, all time, in all classes, for a 13 game season, IIRC, averaging 57 points a game going into the title.

You watch the creativity and wonder why, if HS players and coaches can run such a diverse and somewhat advanced offense...why can't Iowa with highly paid coaches and players with 1-4 more years of experience and practice in the bank.

I get puzzled...congrats to West Sioux...fun to watch.

You watch the creativity and wonder why, if HS players and coaches can run such a diverse and somewhat advanced offense
You're joking right? You're comparing an Iowa Class A high school offense to Iowa's? I'm not saying Iowa's has been good (and definitely not consistent) by any stretch, but that's not even apples to oranges, that's like basketball to basket-weaving.

Yes I am comparing...and wondering...how HS kids can run, efficiently a complex and creative offense, and Iowa struggles to execute off tackle...with players having 2-4 more years of experience and tons more hours of practice...

Yes I am comparing...and wondering...how HS kids can run, efficiently a complex and creative offense, and Iowa struggles to execute off tackle...with players having 2-4 more years of experience and tons more hours of practice...
Maybe Iowa Class A teams don't play defense as well as B1G teams?

I am referring to the complexity and creativity of the offensive schemes...as well as execution...which needs to be there on any level.

Iowa's offense is so often clueless, and inept...why?

They dont get punched in the mouth by 300 lb linemen every play for one. A well executing class a hs team has huge advantages over a well executing div 1 college team. This is a terrible, comparison. You realize that there a dlines in class a that start 140 lb kids right?

I am referring to the complexity and creativity of the offensive schemes...as well as execution...which needs to be there on any level.

Iowa's offense is so often clueless, and inept...why?
Class a defenses sit in the same base 5-3 defense all night and get hammered. They dont adjust. They cant. So....execution is easier when the defense doesnt adjust and sits in the same perfectly diagramed 5-3, 5-3 base defense.