Wes Bunting of NFP--Scout's Notebook on Stanzi.

And if Vince Young can learn the "complexities" of an NFL system, than any clipboard can (and probably score higher on the wonderlic ;))

As for the NFL, the upside for Stanzi is Todd Collins. He's probably another Mark Vlasic. He is not better than Matt Cassell and has no hope to be so.

If Stanzi actually wants to see the field at some point sitting behind a quality vet on his way out would be an ideal spot for Stanzi. Even though I'm not crazy about Pete Carroll, Matt Hasslbeck would be the perfect guy to play behind for a couple years with a shot at starting 3 or 4 years down the road. Hasselbeck has been beat up the last couple years I really don't know how much he has left in the tank.

As for the Chiefs I'm basing that on KF's relationship with GM Scott Pelio(sp?). Not sure what Cassell's contract situation is like, at some point within the next couple of years they will bring in someone to challenge Cassell. If it is a FA or someone they draft remains to be seen.......Stanzi in the 3rd or 4th round to the Chiefs wouldn't shock me.

Stanzi, if he makes it to the next level, would benefit greatly from working under a good QB coach and a good starting QB. He's shown a work ethic to improve his play, and that'll only get better if he's given a better education.

Hopefully he gets a fair shot, and gets a chance to play in the NFL.

Da Bears. Perfect for Ricky. Cutler is going to be the starter for the next 5-7 years,but right now Caleb Haney is the backup. The Bears could add Ricky to the practice squad and replace Haney in a couple of years with Ricky. Let it happen,please.

If Stanzi actually wants to see the field at some point sitting behind a quality vet on his way out would be an ideal spot for Stanzi. Even though I'm not crazy about Pete Carroll, Matt Hasslbeck would be the perfect guy to play behind for a couple years with a shot at starting 3 or 4 years down the road. Hasselbeck has been beat up the last couple years I really don't know how much he has left in the tank.

As for the Chiefs I'm basing that on KF's relationship with GM Scott Pelio(sp?). Not sure what Cassell's contract situation is like, at some point within the next couple of years they will bring in someone to challenge Cassell. If it is a FA or someone they draft remains to be seen.......Stanzi in the 3rd or 4th round to the Chiefs wouldn't shock me.

This all makes perfect sense right up until "Stanzi" and "3rd" round appeared in the same sentence. I hope the guy has a long career and makes millions, but there is a zero point zero chance he goes in the 3rd.

I will say this if Jim Sorgi can hold a clipboard in the NFL for 7 years Stanzi sure as hell can. Stanzi is 10 times better then that guy ever was.

Speaking of BADger QB's - Rick Stanzi is ten times better than Brooks Bollinger as well and Bollinger play six years in the NFL.

This all makes perfect sense right up until "Stanzi" and "3rd" round appeared in the same sentence. I hope the guy has a long career and makes millions, but there is a zero point zero chance he goes in the 3rd.

it's a thin class at qb this year.

Hes got a decent chance to go third round and a scout said the same thing on KXNO last Friday.

Da Bears. Perfect for Ricky. Cutler is going to be the starter for the next 5-7 years,but right now Caleb Haney is the backup. The Bears could add Ricky to the practice squad and replace Haney in a couple of years with Ricky. Let it happen,please.

I would be good with this. The Bears definately need to spend a draft pick on a QB at some point in this draft. I hope its a middle round pick. They always take flyers on QBs late or sign undrafted free agents, recently Haine, Juice and LeFevoure. Draft someone to sit behind Cutler for a few years. Also for some reason the Bears never draft Hawks, too busy scooping up all the small school players and guys from Florida teams. I would be very happy with a 3rd to 5th round pick of Stanzi by the Bears.

A good Senior Bowl and he puts up decent numbers at the combine.....he can easily work his way into the 2nd tier of quarterbacks(Dalton, Ponder, Moore). Which would be rounds 3-5.

Latest posts