Well it looked like they practiced, give them that.

As much of the season that Conner has missed and the way this team is headed I wouldn't waste his red shirt. Just suck it and play out the season. This team is not going anywhere.

Iowa played competitively tonight. Refs were harsh, a lot of homer calls. I just think this unit is gonna take time to develop. Moss is a train wreck. Dailey is blowing past him right now and I'm starting to see why Fran is playing him, He got hit in the face twice then hit a cold-blooded 3 on his defender. He has a way about him. If we had one more ballhandler out there we would have something. Thought Cook was playing unselfish tonite he was drawing out the D and distributing the ball. This team could be a monster come Big tourney time. Sorry, they aren't what we hoped but now is the time to get behind them. I saw fire tonight from Iowa and they forced State to make about 6 shots in a row to win the game. Nudge is gonna be a go-to player.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many terrible passes. Just completely terrible terrible passes. they were getting open looks when they rotated the ball around. When they tried to get cute they turned it over...mostly on entry passes

Also god awful free throw shooting.

Pemsl is playing miles better than Garza. Pemsl is about the only guy I trust right now with the ball in the paint. 17 minutes and he had 10 points and 8 boards.

Also, Ellingson played THIRTY minutes and was 1-6 from 3 point land and 3-11 from the floor tonight. Meanwhile Maishe shoots 2-3 from 3 point land and gets 18 minutes.

I guess its time to wonder what this team looks like with Joe Wieskamp. He's gotta be miles better than Ellingson. Is it 2018 yet?

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many terrible passes. Just completely terrible terrible passes. they were getting open looks when they rotated the ball around. When they tried to get cute they turned it over...mostly on entry passes

Pemsl is playing miles better than Garza. Pemsl is about the only guy I trust right now with the ball in the paint. 17 minutes and he had 10 points and 8 boards.

Also, Ellingson played THIRTY minutes and was 1-6 from 3 point land and 3-11 from the floor tonight. Meanwhile Maishe shoots 2-3 from 3 point land and gets 18 minutes.

I guess its time to wonder what this team looks like with Joe Wieskamp. He's gotta be miles better than Ellingson. Is it 2018 yet?
I'd like to see what it looks like with a different coach.

Definitely Pemsi showed up tonight....and we could be losing him for awhile. It was nice to see him go up strong and finish (cut out the circus shot crap around the basket).

Last edited:
I'd like to see what it looks like with a different coach.

Probably. Fran has showed his system works when he has the right players (White, Uthoff, Jok, Marble, etc). I'm not sure how he's messed up his roster in year 8 of the program, but he's really messed it up. He 100% gets the blame for that

Iowa played competitively tonight. Refs were harsh, a lot of homer calls. I just think this unit is gonna take time to develop. Moss is a train wreck. Dailey is blowing past him right now and I'm starting to see why Fran is playing him, He got hit in the face twice then hit a cold-blooded 3 on his defender. He has a way about him. If we had one more ballhandler out there we would have something. Thought Cook was playing unselfish tonite he was drawing out the D and distributing the ball. This team could be a monster come Big tourney time. Sorry, they aren't what we hoped but now is the time to get behind them. I saw fire tonight from Iowa and they forced State to make about 6 shots in a row to win the game. Nudge is gonna be a go-to player.

Agree they played competitively. I must admit, I thought Iowa would lose by triple digits. I think Iowa's size along with actually looking like they practiced and had a better game plan made a difference. They just made way to many mistakes and were/are God Awful from the foul line. Playing the instate rival probably helped motivation wise.

Stranger things of happened, but Fran's teams have been dead on arrival at the Big Ten Tournament. But, that might be their only chance this year for NCAA dreams.

I'm not even sure Ellingson gets 30 mins on a D2 club. Even if he did, he sure as shit wouldn't play the point. Unf'nreal that we have him as back up point.

Latest posts