Well, it is practically Franuary...again and that must be mean we are here at Gobler's Knob

HaydenHawk56

waiting for the forecast from the world's most-famous groundhog weatherman, Punxsutawney Phil, who's just about to tell us how much more losing we can expect.

1643683288735.png

1643683429752.png

1643683528492.png

1643683573037.png

1643684410880.png

I see 6 more losses and 4 wins

Going into the BTT

8-12

18-13 overall.....on the bubble and probably needing a couple of wins in the BTT to get into the big dance.

Feeling kind of NITsh.

Not exactly a complete fade, but a bad, losing month ahead.

Last edited:
The good news is Fran teams only fade when they get ranked high. We don't have to worry about that this year. I'm right there with you on your prediction tho. We need to somehow win 2 big games down the stretch and beat all the bad teams. I'm not sure this team is competitive enough to steal wins against good teams.

The Fran fade must be contagious because the guard play has just been almost unbearable to watch. Joe T looked like he would have struggled against the middle school B squad tonight. Jbo fading hard offensively. Ulis good at the line tonight just no mid or long range threat at all. CMac hurts his right shoulder on a 3 pt shot. Overall just a guard shit fest.

Looking at the schedule I can see them winning 6 more to get to 20, which practically makes them a lock for the NCAA.

If Iowa goes 18 and 13 they will still be on the bubble with more work to do at the BTT fwiw. They are probably on the right side at that point still too. I mean, it's not our fault. Net's gonna like who they like

- if they get 6 more they are pretty much a lock

also FWIW
Fran, during the back stretch of the season (last 10 games) and the thick of the conference race (IE, the hardest part of the year when you're playing everyone a 2nd time, injuries, etc)

in 2021 they went 7-3
in 2020 they went 5-5
in 2019 they went 5-5

that's gonna get you in most tournaments if your a power 5 - play .500 or above the last month and have a profile that's in the dance before it, is likely going to get you into the dance.

If Iowa goes 18 and 13 they will still be on the bubble with more work to do at the BTT fwiw. They are probably on the right side at that point still too. I mean, it's not our fault. Net's gonna like who they like

- if they get 6 more they are pretty much a lock

also FWIW
Fran, during the back stretch of the season (last 10 games) and the thick of the conference race (IE, the hardest part of the year when you're playing everyone a 2nd time, injuries, etc)

in 2021 they went 7-3
in 2020 they went 5-5
in 2019 they went 5-5

that's gonna get you in most tournaments if your a power 5 - play .500 or above the last month and have a profile that's in the dance before it, is likely going to get you into the dance.
Yes, I think if Iowa gets 6 more wins, anyway they can, I think they are in. 5 wins they are sweating it.....I think 4 and under they are looking at a Top 3 seed in the NIT.

Now, perhaps, say if they get 4 wins, but 2 or 3 of them are against the likes of Michigan St, Illinois, or Ohio St (highly unlikely) that could also make things interesting.

Last edited:
Yes, I think if Iowa gets 6 more wins, anyway they can, I think they are in. 5 wins they are sweating it.....I think 4 and under they are looking at a Top 3 seed in the NIT.

Now, perhaps, say if they get 4 wins, but 2 or 3 of them are against they likes of Michigan St, Illinois, or Ohio St (highly unlikely) that could also make things interesting.

Yep, this looks about right.

BTW, I love the creativity of your original post.