Well......I saved myself thousands of dollars

lightning1

by deciding against going to the BIG CG and the Rose Bowl. I tried to get some of my friends to go to both or either. Got no takers. In hindsight, I should thank them.

Yep I had tix to both and was going to do both. Glad I didnt. New kitchen this year.

Exactly. There's other things I'd rather spend that kind of money on when I can just watch on TV, unless I was going to plan a trip anyway.

i just can't see myself spending a fortune on something like a football game.

I was thinking the same thing, glad I did not go. Although the parade would have been fun, and the nice weather.

And the best part is you don't have to leave 70 degree weather for our crap weather....

I live in LA so could have gone to the Rose bowl without spending too much money, but decided instead to see the MSU Iowa basketball game with my dad when I was home for Christmas. Feeling really good about my choice right now.

I feel like a guy who was mad he missed his flight and then found out that the plane crashed. Almost pulled the trigger on going. Very relieved I didnt. Very.

Of course it helps I live in Florida and don't care about weather/snow.

I went in 82, I was only a kid but I don't think I would want to put myself in that situation again. Iowa seems snake bitten in the Rose Bowl

I feel bad for buying tickets and selling at a profit

I feel good good that I knew a trip out there would have an atrocious ROI

I feel best that I spent about five minutes of my day on that turd. Literally five minutes.

The memories my family and I had on our cross country road trip were priceless. Sure, the outcome of the game stunk, but it doesn't take away the great time we had. I can't control the outcome of a football game, but I can control the fun and memories we all had this past week. And the look on my boys' faces as we came out of the tunnel and out into the stadium was worth every dollar I spent....and then some!

Go Hawks!

I text my dad about 15 minutes before the game that I had made a mistake by not going in part of being jealous in seeing all the pics and videos from friends st their seats. Less than an hour later I felt differently.

Thankful for my wife's Christmas present in a trip to Green Bay!! Can't wait to tour Lambeau tomorrow and looking forward to the Sunday night game.

Dont regret attending the BG championship game as it was a lot lower cost than a trip to Cali and at least competitive and the biggest game in Iowa Football history in at least my lifetime.

I went in '91 so going this time was not imperative, and that game was exciting at the end. If I had dropped $3,500 on a travel package for this game, I would have been puking in my seat.

Latest posts