Welcome Marshall Koehn to the Hawkeye family

OB1

Looks like we have a new member to the the 2011 recruiting class....anyone know much about this local kid??

Don't know anything about him. I just looked him up and he's not getting a scholly yet, he's a preferred walk on kicker.

"Marshall is a good athlete who has shown well at multiple Kohl's events. His FG range is solid out to 55 yards away. He drive the ball very well on kick offs. He does need to get more hang-time on his kick offs to compete early in college "

Per ESPN

At Solon he handled the kicking responsibilities and also played defensive back and receiver. On kick offs, he was great at producing touch backs, often kicking it so far that it would go out through the uprights and out of the field of play.

He is also Solon's starting 2nd baseman batting I believe over .500 for the season. Maybe he will play baseball too. He is also the nephew of Jimmy Zalesky

Ive seen Marshall play for his entire high school career. We have an excellent player coming here to Iowa. His kicking is very good. Many touchbacks on kick offs. He has 13 field goals this year on a team that really prefers going for the first down. He was a bit inconsistant at that but he usually was in as a wide out or cornerback and was tired.
I think he is a better baseball player, throws right and bats left. Good infielder, good average, gap hitter.

Latest posts