Weiskamp 4A scoring record

MiniMoeHawk

Weiskamp broke Horners 4A scoring record for total points last night. He went off for 44 in the win. Considering he gets double/triple teamed every night and averages 37 per game is pretty impressive.

You never know for sure, and this isn't scientific analysis but you know if a guy scores 54 of his team's 64 points and outscores the other team all by himself, well, that guy is likely to be pretty special when he gets to college.

While I hear those who say that the competition may not be the greatest, you still have to be pretty damn good to score 98 points in 64 minutes of playing time. It's not as if the other team doesn't show up, or is made up of 5'8" guys, or who don't try to stop him from scoring during the entire game.

The whole team should just make it a point to get this kid as many points as possible the rest of the year.

What Joe does on his free time

jesus-walking-on-water-kinda.jpg

Outside of Birkenpas and Coughill, any Iowa Mr. Basketball that went to Iowa ended up being pretty decent. A few that went to Kansas or NC as well.

Assuming he's Mr Basketball.

How did he miss out last year? Was he 3rd?

Outside of Birkenpas and Coughill, any Iowa Mr. Basketball that went to Iowa ended up being pretty decent. A few that went to Kansas or NC as well.

Assuming he's Mr Basketball.

How did he miss out last year? Was he 3rd?
Some dude named Joe Smoldt was who won it last yr. A pg from Reinbeck. I had to look it up as I didn't know anything about who he is. He must have had a heck of a year. Weiskamp had to have had a good year last yr too.

Looking back at that list I saw Carlton Reeds name. Holy crap I'd half forgotten about him.

I think Weiskamp will win it this year but Locure sure is putting his hat in the ring for it.

Locure is a junior, so he can't win it. Should be interesting next year with Locure, Patrick McCaffery and DJ Carton all vying for Mr Basketball.

Wieskamp is a lock for this year

Locure is a junior, so he can't win it. Should be interesting next year with Locure, Patrick McCaffery and DJ Carton all vying for Mr Basketball.

Speaking of Locure, he's 20 steals away from tying the career 4A record.

That's 3 pretty good players in one class. Anyone know of other classes that had a top 3 like that?

That's 3 pretty good players in one class. Anyone know of other classes that had a top 3 like that?

Don't know the third, but when Dean Oliver won Mr. Basketball Ricky Davis was runner-up. Also, we had Kirk Hinrich and Nate Collison as co-Mr. Basketball players who both went on to long NBA careers.

Collison and Heinrich was the best duo I can remember. I always wondered if Collison would have gone to Iowa or not. That was right in the middle of the Davis/Alford transition....mess. I believe Heinrich was always between Iowa State and Kansas....so f him

Latest posts