Weird recruiting observation RE: Pitt and tOSU

This is far and away one of the most ignorant statements I've ever seen from a Hawkeye fan. Thank God YOU have nothing to do with recruiting. You would turn IU into ISU with that moronic philosophy.

Iowa has never, under KF, limited themselves to one area. Not every player who is a 3☆, 4☆ or 5☆ recruit fits into what KF does at Iowa. Last year alone we picked up players from 12 different states. How good do you think we could be living off the players available in Iowa and Illinois alone?

Back to the OP's question..."what implications might that have that may help Iowa?"

Well so far, its landed us Quinton Alston, who originally committed to Pitt, but decided to leave once their coaching situation hit the fan and came to Iowa. The potential added benefit to this is the recruitment of his former teammate and close friend, ILB Quanzell Lambert.

As for some of the other recruits, we are in a hot competition for the services of Demitrious and Chris Davis out of Youngstown OHIO against Pitt and WVU. The coaching changes at Pitt, and self-imposed sanctions at WVU surely helps us with our recruitment againt these schools.

Whoa buddy. I understand what he is saying. Considering we got Johnson, Fleming, and now (unconfirmed but pretty certain) Ward on our side and 4* Jordan Diamond and Faith Ekakitie looking at us there is a lot of riches in IL this year looking our way. I don't think he was saying to give up looking everywhere else but I agree, Chicago is looking very good to us this year.

Whoa buddy. I understand what he is saying. Considering we got Johnson, Fleming, and now (unconfirmed but pretty certain) Ward on our side and 4* Jordan Diamond and Faith Ekakitie looking at us there is a lot of riches in IL this year looking our way. I don't think he was saying to give up looking everywhere else but I agree, Chicago is looking very good to us this year.

Somebody here gets it. Glad to know not all people posting here are ignorant...

Ummm ... have you NOT pieced together that perhaps PART of the reason why Iowa is having success in Illinois is because other teams are placing more emphasis on PA and OH?

Umm....like...um...so you're saying that they purposely don't recruit guys like Tony Moeaki and Bryan Bulaga? Then they are very stupid because they were exceptional players. Those coaches you speak of should be fired for incompetence.

Pardon my language, but you are full of bologna. I wish what you say were true cause that would be great for Iowa.

Three of the top 5 available from Illinois. It was a statement based on how well we are recruiting that state this year. The fact that you come on here and use your first post to call somebody out over nothing tells me your nothing more than a troll or just an ignorant shitnugget looking for attention. Either way it shows a lot.

Actually 2 of the top 5, When I said 3, I wasn't including Ward yet, becasue hes not set in stone (but he will be). And if I were to be "trolling" on here shitforbrains, I would have taken your ignorant comment and posted it on other boards to show the world how Iowa fans view recruits from OH & PA. The fact that I came on here to point out to you that your comment was flat out stupid seems to be lost on you. Instead of looking at yourself and thinking that there maybe a better way of saying what you meant, you go on attack mode. SO BE IT! And motherf*cker I will use my first, last and the millions of posts in between to point out how idiotic your comment was and still is. So sorry your too arrogant to realize it.

Yea, and this was my first time on this particular Hawkeye board, and yea it was the first thread I clicked on. And after I read your "brilliance", I signed right the f*ck up. Been drooling at the thought of telling you off. Glad you liked it. Now learn something.

Actually 2 of the top 5, When I said 3, I wasn't including Ward yet, becasue hes not set in stone (but he will be). And if I were to be "trolling" on here shitforbrains, I would have taken your ignorant comment and posted it on other boards to show the world how Iowa fans view recruits from OH & PA. The fact that I came on here to point out to you that your comment was flat out stupid seems to be lost on you. Instead of looking at yourself and thinking that there maybe a better way of saying what you meant, you go on attack mode. SO BE IT! And motherf*cker I will use my first, last and the millions of posts in between to point out how idiotic your comment was and still is. So sorry your too arrogant to realize it.

Yea, and this was my first time on this particular Hawkeye board, and yea it was the first thread I clicked on. And after I read your "brilliance", I signed right the f*ck up. Been drooling at the thought of telling you off. Glad you liked it. Now learn something.

Glad little ol' me boils your blood. Get used to it or pound pavement son. Now if you will excuse me I have other topics to tend to.

Nice intro to the site. Looks like somebody didn't get the checkmark in the box under "plays well with others" back in kindergarten.

Nice intro to the site. Looks like somebody didn't get the checkmark in the box under "plays well with others" back in kindergarten.

Well they weren't handing out cookies for it, so I figured, "Why bother?".

Honestly I know I overreacted. But what he was meaning to say, I didn't read that at all. Maybe because I am in Ohio, and I have to deal with OSU fans 24/7, and it's made me a little "thin-skinned".

Well they weren't handing out cookies for it, so I figured, "Why bother?".

Honestly I know I overreacted. But what he was meaning to say, I didn't read that at all. Maybe because I am in Ohio, and I have to deal with OSU fans 24/7, and it's made me a little "thin-skinned".

Fine, everything got lost in context. I have no desire to start a ******* match with a fellow hawk fan, I have enough clones more than willing to fill that role. I'll walk away with the understanding that the wording of my post was somewhat ambiguous.

This is far and away one of the most ignorant statements I've ever seen from a Hawkeye fan. Thank God YOU have nothing to do with recruiting. You would turn IU into ISU with that moronic philosophy.

Indiana already isn't that much better than ISU.

Umm....like...um...so you're saying that they purposely don't recruit guys like Tony Moeaki and Bryan Bulaga? Then they are very stupid because they were exceptional players. Those coaches you speak of should be fired for incompetence.

Pardon my language, but you are full of bologna. I wish what you say were true cause that would be great for Iowa.

No ... the implication ISN'T that other schools aren't offering the Moeaki's and Bulaga's of the world ... however, when they're already filling up early at particular spots from guys from the aforementioned states .... then they necessarily HAVE TO back off on the Moeaki's and Bulaga's of the world.

Thus far Iowa hasn't filled up on guys from OH and PA ... and thus, with the commitment of Fleming ... we're now in a pretty nice recruiting position in the Chicago area.

I don't mean to sound snide ... but the point I was trying to make really isn't that hard to comprehend. It's throwing me off that so many folks seem to be missing the boat.

6 recruits total, 3 from Illinois...1 from Ohio...soon to be 3.

And boy I WILL call you and anybody out, especially when you make as dumb a statement as I have ever seen. You can take your 3600+ posts and shove them, it don't impress me. And just because I don't live on here 24/7 don't mean I won't be back. Be patient.

My suggestion to you is wise up and learn that comments like yours, however you meant them, can have an effect. Though doubtful it maybe.

The problem with your retort was that you were taking the poster too seriously. Any Iowa fan would be happy to land as many quality OH guys as we could.

However, in light of the fact that Chicagoland is currently treating Iowa very well .... it's obvious that Iowa fans would be that much more excited about those recruits. Iowa fans are rightly excited ... and likely hopeful about our chances of also landing big-time recruits like Ekakatie and Diamond.

In contrast, this year, Iowa has landed a great WR in Wilson ... however, there aren't that many others in OH that Iowa has that great of a shot at. Furthermore, due to proximity, Iowa has a much greater chance of landing guys from Illinois than Ohio. Thus, while Iowa is one of the best offers out to a lot of quality OH guys ... many will still opt for places like Indiana, Cinci, WVU, or Pitt because they're closer to home.

I'd be excited as all get-out if Iowa lands the Davis twins ... or similar such recruits. However, I just don't see Iowa having as much recruiting momentum in OH and PA this year. I'd love for Iowa to land Garmon, from PA, however, at this juncture, I don't see it happening.

Latest posts