Wegher Question.

HerschHawk10

Do you think that if Wegher gets three more 100 yards games that it pushes him ahead of A-Rob on the depth chart for next year? I see that a lot of people want to see him used in the slot and as a receiver on TOS so i was just wondering, if he keeps pumping out yards does that make him more likely to stay at RB?

Just wondering.

My bet is nobody moves from running backs(at least not next year)as you can see this year can't have to many backs(also see 2004). We are always going to be playing two at least, and the 3rd string will play on special teams and hear and there. I think it would take a year of Wegher getting beat out for the #1 and 2 spot and not getting on the field as much as he'd like for him or the coaches to consider moving him to slot.

If Hampton stays healthy next year he is #1, but I think #2 is up in the air considering Brinson hasn't seen the field and Robinson and Wegher have played good when given the opportunity. Next year will be definitely be interesting considering the log jam we have at running back. I think Wegher is versatile enough though, that he will find the field somehow. Whether that's moving him to the slot or bringing him in at running back to run screens and such. He also could see the field returning kicks too. I think Wegher's talent will make sure the coaches find some way to get him the ball.

I think if Hampton isn't back healthy Robinson is almost surely the starting back next season. Not to keep piling on Wegher but I think Robinson gets tough wards that Wegher doesn't.

I wouldn't speculate who is #1 for next year yet. A lot can happen in the offseason. I like Hampton, but he is going to be behind the 8 ball a little. He looked pretty good last year at times, but usually in garbage time. Last year's o-line was decisively better than this year's too.

Having proven backs who are young will be a nice problem to have. Hampton, Robinson, and Wegher will all get their carries. I have to say Hampton is the #1, and Robinson and Wegher will be the co-#2.

Having proven backs who are young will be a nice problem to have. Hampton, Robinson, and Wegher will all get their carries. I have to say Hampton is the #1, and Robinson and Wegher will be the co-#2.

They will be co-#3, if Brinson comes back healthy. You can count on it.

I think if Hampton isn't back healthy Robinson is almost surely the starting back next season. Not to keep piling on Wegher but I think Robinson gets tough wards that Wegher doesn't.

You are assuming Wegher won't get any stronger over the offseason.

You are assuming Wegher won't get any stronger over the offseason.

Yeah, I was talking to my dad a couple weeks ago, and he saw Wegher (with SC Heelan) last year in high school - he said that Wegher has put on a ton of muscle that summer after high school before he went to Iowa - he looked like a completely different RB.

Latest posts