Wegher poll

Given that Wegher was in classes today, do you think he will be in practice tomorrow?

• Yes, I think Wegher will be in practice tomorrow.

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • No, I do not think Wegher will be in practice tomorrow.

Votes: 105 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

travismullen

Wegher was in classes today but there was no practice today. Do you think he'll be in practice tomorrow?
I think he will.

Nope, I personally think he is done and will treat it as such until I hear Kirk say so. Might as well get used to him not being with the team and if he does come back, it's like an added bonus.

I haven't seen any reports that said he was in school, I just seen reports that he was enrolled for this semester.

If he really was in school, then I think he will return at some point, either this year or take a redshirt and play next year. But it won't be tomorrow.

It must be getting real slow as of late.

It's definitely time for football to start to get something more meaningful to discuss.

That said, I did vote. No. He will not be at practice tomorrow.

3 simple words - NEXT MAN IN!
If Wegher's ready to move on.....so am I and the Hawkeye Nation!!!

I'll miss the Payton-esque dives over the pile into the endzone......but NEXT!

the real question is, are all the OTHER players attending class and practice like they should be?

enough of wegher talk. jon or someone will let us know when something happens with him. until then, LET IT DIE

"Nope, I personally think he is done and will treat it as such until I hear Kirk say so. Might as well get used to him not being with the team and if he does come back, it's like an added bonus"

Exactly--i voted no here as well---wish the kid nothing but the best...... and yes, we definitively have nothing left to chew on by this juncture..... might as we well start a poll on who is more awesome.... captain Kirk or Pappa Parker..... hey there you go :D

Would the Hawks be better if they had him right now? Yes.
Are the Hawks worse off that they don't have him? I don't think so and I am going to stay with that. I wish him the best and hope he can return but we are fine and if he does come back it will just add to this great team.

IMO BW will end up redshirting this season.

I have no problem with a player deciding to address personal issues rather than focus on something his heart isn't into right now. I think it shows a certain level of maturity and in the end could turn out to be great for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

I know everybody wants to pile on this kid, but remember he's just a kid. It sounds like he's working through a couple unexpected accidents but think if that was you. You're a D1 running back, full time student, and an expecting parent of not 1 but 2 children (allegedly). Lets think about what we would do in this situation. Many people that run into this situation drop out of school altogether, and those people aren't potential starters on a nationally ranked football team. Lets be careful because none of us really know what this KID is going through.

Wegher will return whe both he and the coaching staff are ready. All we know, or really need to worry about at this point, is that his absense is excused, he isn't in any kind of trouble with the team and as of this point he is not playing football.

When he comes back we'll all be mighty glad to have him playing again. Until that point let's worry about football and leave his personal life completely out of it.

I think Wegher needs to take the year off, get his house in order, get the fire back in his belly, & be ready to roll in 2011.

I, for one, would welcome him back with open arms.

I think Wegher needs to take the year off, get his house in order, get the fire back in his belly, & be ready to roll in 2011.

I, for one, would welcome him back with open arms.

Hulka,
This one's for you:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99j0zLuNhi8&feature=av2n]YouTube - Creed - With Arms Wide Open[/ame]

Latest posts