Wegher not playing at IWCC

What happened with that situation? Weren't we recruiting him? Did he not qualify? I can't seem to remember. If somebody could enlighten me, that'd be great.

He committed to Northern Iowa before Iowa offered and when the Hawkeyes finally offered him, he stuck with his commitment. After redshirting a season, he left UNI for IWCC.

My fault screwing up the consecutive years. But you are allowed 5 years if you can prove hardship which he can. Those 5 years can happen within a six year period. This would be his 3rd year which if he proves hardship would allow him 3 more years. I was not wrong on agreeing with the coach. Do I think he will play again at D1? No, but he would have 3 years because he can count 1 year as a redshirt and apply for a hardship redshirt year. I can't say he would definitely get it, but I think he would. By the way he applied to Morningside College in Sioux City to play football before he went to IWCC and he academically couldn't get in there (I have a friend in admissions). The D2 or NAIA route is going to be hard for him academically because a lot of those schools actually have higher academic standards than D1 schools.

My fault screwing up the consecutive years. But you are allowed 5 years if you can prove hardship which he can. Those 5 years can happen within a six year period. This would be his 3rd year which if he proves hardship would allow him 3 more years. I was not wrong on agreeing with the coach. Do I think he will play again at D1? No, but he would have 3 years because he can count 1 year as a redshirt and apply for a hardship redshirt year. I can't say he would definitely get it, but I think he would. By the way he applied to Morningside College in Sioux City to play football before he went to IWCC and he academically couldn't get in there (I have a friend in admissions). The D2 or NAIA route is going to be hard for him academically because a lot of those schools actually have higher academic standards than D1 schools.

Again, you are clueless. The NCAA has no "hardship waiver" as you describe. The NCAA "hardship waiver" pertains to a waiver of the one-year waiting period usually associated with a transfer between Division I schools. Notable examples of players receiving a "hardship waiver" include Jake Kelly & Tyler Smith.

What part of 'the Division I clock is a constant clock, it never stops until it ends 5 years later' do you not understand?

There are only two exceptions that toll the running of the 5-year clock. First, if a student-athlete serves in the armed forces, including the Coast Guard, the clock freezes, regardless of the division. The individual can continue college athletics anytime after the military.

The second exception is the so-called "Mormon rule." NCAA eligibility rules allow for a two-year religious mission or for other service such as the Peace Corps. Thus, it can take an athlete up to seven years from the time of enrollment in college to complete eligibility -- the first year as a freshman, two years on a mission, one as a redshirt and three after that.

I'm sorry I pointed out your ignorance, but you questioned my knowledge of the NCAA rules. You made a big mistake.

Foval21, you are fully owned. I recommend groveling now, rather than stubbornly digging the hole deeper.

Crash%20and%20Burn.jpg

Latest posts