Wegher chance to shine?

Is this the week Wegher shows Hawk fans more of what we saw at ISU? I would like to think so, or is he too banged up from MSU last weekend. He took some shots as did our squad as a whole. We have to expect every teams best the rest of this year. Indiana could be a game we struggle in or open up a new chapter of offensive schemes. i just have this feeling that Stanzi is ready for big time game statisically speaking. Were going to need it in my opinion. Go Hawks! I believe!

He will get 10-12 carries this week and we will know the answer as to whether he is too banged up or not after his first 3-4 carries.
Bigger question is who will shoulder the other 15-20 carries? I think the red shirt is coming off this Saturday and alot of people are going to be very pleasantly surprised by the results.

Anyone know where you can read or watch videos on Brad Rogers WITHOUT having to pay for a subscription?

Thanks!

Is this the week Wegher shows Hawk fans more of what we saw at ISU? I would like to think so, or is he too banged up from MSU last weekend. He took some shots as did our squad as a whole. We have to expect every teams best the rest of this year. Indiana could be a game we struggle in or open up a new chapter of offensive schemes. i just have this feeling that Stanzi is ready for big time game statisically speaking. Were going to need it in my opinion. Go Hawks! I believe!

I'm guessing we'll see a lot of passes to Wegher as well. Mainly to suppliment the runs that they're going to give him. It seems like almost everytime he gets the ball thrown to him, he gets a good chunk of yardage.

I think this will be Weghers chance to shine yes. I think if he is the every down back, he will actually break a sweat, and the speed of the game will open up to him. But being the every other series back, he looses his sweat and he has to get it going again, expecially in cold weather. Not sure if this makes a lot of sense to anyone else, but I think being the every down back is huge in terms of speed of the game and getting a feel for getting the ball more and reading the defense twice as much rather than half as much...

What additional protection will Wegher wear to protect the ribs? I remember 100 years ago players used to wear bulky, bullet proof vests for protection. Back in the 1980's Houston Oilers QB Dan Pastorini (SP?) played in the play offs with broken ribs, a twisted ankle and a fractured wrist. I'm sure protection has come a long way but just wondering. ANyone know?

I think there is something called a flak jacket that he can wear, if he doesn't already (I think QB's wear these to protect their exposed ribs during their throwing motion). But from what I've heard from others, ribs are very difficult to protect. No matter how much protection he wears, if he takes any sort of shot directly on them, it's going to hurt like hell.

Absolutely this is a chance for Brandon to shine. I don't expect him to do anything that AR wouldn't have done. I DO expect him to be just as productive though. He's going to be just fine and he'll prove that the team can lean on him when they need tough yards.
________
Glass Weed Pipe

Last edited:
What additional protection will Wegher wear to protect the ribs? I remember 100 years ago players used to wear bulky, bullet proof vests for protection. Back in the 1980's Houston Oilers QB Dan Pastorini (SP?) played in the play offs with broken ribs, a twisted ankle and a fractured wrist. I'm sure protection has come a long way but just wondering. ANyone know?

McNabb had a broken rib and when he came back he was wearing a bulky thing around his ribs that looks like one of those vibrating ab toners...I can't see that being an option for a RB though due to mobility issues. I don't think Wegher broke any ribs so he might just have to play through some pain and hopefully it doesn't hamper his ability to hold on to the football.

I think this will be Weghers chance to shine yes. I think if he is the every down back, he will actually break a sweat, and the speed of the game will open up to him. But being the every other series back, he looses his sweat and he has to get it going again, expecially in cold weather. Not sure if this makes a lot of sense to anyone else, but I think being the every down back is huge in terms of speed of the game and getting a feel for getting the ball more and reading the defense twice as much rather than half as much...
I don't buy it. Both guys have done well and for players that get beat around like RB's staying fresh is really important. I'd like to think that next year we have 3-4 guys that deserve time on the field and it would be great if they were in an open rotation. It adds another dimension to the O that keeps the opponent guessing about what's coming next.
And it is not limited to the O. Our DL has had some subs go in here and there and for the most part it has worked out very positive.
This my friends is how a top flight program is built.

He will get 10-12 carries this week and we will know the answer as to whether he is too banged up or not after his first 3-4 carries.
Bigger question is who will shoulder the other 15-20 carries? I think the red shirt is coming off this Saturday and alot of people are going to be very pleasantly surprised by the results.

There's no way he only gets 10-12 carries unless he's hurt and can't go. He's a proven back and Ferentz isn't going to give the majority of the carries to a freshmen who has yet to play one snap in college football yet. Look for Wegher (if healthy enough) to get majority of the carries and Paki or Rogers to get about 20-35% of the other carries.

There's no way he only gets 10-12 carries unless he's hurt and can't go. He's a proven back and Ferentz isn't going to give the majority of the carries to a freshmen who has yet to play one snap in college football yet. Look for Wegher (if healthy enough) to get majority of the carries and Paki or Rogers to get about 20-35% of the other carries.

What is your definition of "proven"? He's only played 8 games and he hasn't even been that great Robinson was starting to stand out much more...

What is your definition of "proven"? He's only played 8 games and he hasn't even been that great Robinson was starting to stand out much more...

I fully disagree. They have been complimenting each other well. Brandon and Adam are two different types of runners, B-weg is more prone to get longer breaks with more touches. He isnt a brusier and you cant count on him for 4-5 yards consistantly (A-Rob you could). But when Weg finds a seem, he will give you 50 yards instead of 5. He hanst done that because he is in less than 50% of the time

Latest posts