Weekend of bad football weather

Hawkfromnorwalk

Can anybody remember a weekend that had weather bad enough to stop three games and now possibly four? I am watching the WVU/Marshall game and they just made the comment that there was a recorded lightening strike 12 miles away and if one gets within 6 miles the team has to leave the field. I don't really remember anything like this with Iowa, Michigan, and ND all having to stop games the same weekend.

So, WVU game was called early. I didn't realize that the Michigan game was called early as well. According to an article about the WVU game, besides the Iowa, ND, and Tennessee home games, Eastern Michigan also outright pushed back it's game from yesterday to today, too.

No, I cannot recall a weekend like this, outside of a hurricane hitting. I don't think we normally get this many delays/calls in an entire season, much less in a day and spread across the country.

Apparently that was the first time in team history that Michigan had a game shortened due to weather.

Crazy weather and never remember a storm impacting so many games on the same day. Definitely the most interesting weather game I have been to in Iowa City (outside of a snow-filled stadium against Minnesota back in the late 80s). Crazy!

Latest posts