Week 4 Betting Action

I am certainly loving the Army, LSU picks. Wow, should get in on that action quick before the line moves. Those are both great picks!

I am with you on LSU but Army seems to be a gift for anyone betting Ball State.

That Iowa line might move even more before the week is done.

Last edited:
a good bit of advice I came across from another site, will take this into consideration:

"It's about this time that Vegas has just enough data to spit out some lines that are a little tighter, and teams iron out some kinks that allow them to perform closer to their talent levels.* That said, look for teams that have under or over achieved from pre-season expectations for value."

I already locked up two bets early, got LSU at -5, and Oregon at -14. everything I read and see are for these lines to grow. get them now if you want a good line.

3-0 Last Week
6-0 Overall

West Virginia +6

Not an x's and o's guy. Just go with what the books give me.

Love the situation too. Close game last year at LSU. Geno Smith was in that game as well. At home, primetime. I love betting these situations.

couple of key stats in last years game that I think are important to consider:

->score at half last year 17-7 LSU -- should be close to the same.
->WVU 56 yds TOTAL in rushing. -- I think LSU is either just as good or better defensively
->LSU had 80 total yards passing with 2 picks, but with Jefferson as QB. Lee is a much better game manager (only 1 pick so far this year).
->LSU had 12 penalties for 100+ yds in last years game. look for a much more disciplined approach with Lee at the helm.

all I can hope is that you get WVU at +6.5, that way we both win if LSU wins by two FG's.

if you are that confident in a FG decision then +5 should be enough :)

3-0 Last Week
6-0 Overall

West Virginia +6

Not an x's and o's guy. Just go with what the books give me.

Love the situation too. Close game last year at LSU. Geno Smith was in that game as well. At home, primetime. I love betting these situations.

you should post your plays before the coming weekend to add validity to your record. don't have to, but your words will carry more weight.

Last edited:
I just laid a fun pick tonight on the rams. I laid a 7.5 teaser on the rams and the total to go under.

So, Rams +14.5 and Under 51.5!

Just a fun Monday night play!! Both teams are riddled with injuries. But the Giants trends are against them. Hope I come out a winner, Go Rams!!

cash money!!

one trend i like to use in pro football wagering is to bet on a home team that is favored by 7 to 10 points . yesterday that applied to detroit and new england ; both winners and tonight it applies to the Giants . Like anything else it doesn't always win ; but it does quite a bit !

we both cashed Bernie!

Ten games I like:
Toledo at Syracuse (-2)
Ohio at Rutgers (-3.5)
Georgia (-10.5) at Ole Miss
Arkansas (+11.5) at Arkansas
LSU (-5.5) at West Virginia
Notre Dame (-6.5) at Pitt
Florida State (-1.5) at Clemson
Vanderbilt (+16) at South Carolina
Oklahoma State (+140 Moneyline) at Texas A&M
Rice at Baylor (U 66.5)

If I had to pick three, I would go with Vandy, FSU, and Oklahoma State.

Edit: If you bet those 10 games as a parlay, your number is in the +56,000 range.

Last edited:
Ten games I like:
Toledo at Syracuse (-2)
Ohio at Rutgers (-3.5)
Georgia (-10.5) at Ole Miss
Arkansas (+11.5) at Alabama
LSU (-5.5) at West Virginia
Notre Dame (-6.5) at Pitt
Florida State (-1.5) at Clemson
Vanderbilt (+16) at South Carolina
Oklahoma State (+140 Moneyline) at Texas A&M
Rice at Baylor (U 66.5)

If I had to pick three, I would go with Vandy, FSU, and Oklahoma State.

Edit: If you bet those 10 games as a parlay, you're number is in the +56,000 range.

I think I fixed it for you, I like them all except the Okie St ML & I'm on the other side of Rutgers, but Okie St certainly has value! best of luck!

I am with you on LSU but Army seems to be a gift for anyone betting Ball State.

That Iowa line might move even more before the week is done.

Pretty confident in these two. LSU is a very good team, I think Army beats Ball State by double digits.

I think I fixed it for you, I like them all except the Okie St ML & I'm on the other side of Rutgers, but Okie St certainly has value! best of luck!

Am starting to like Florida State almost as much as my Cinncinatti bet . Was certainly impressed by FSU against the Sooners despite the loss and I still think Clemson is more of a pretender. THe better team and better coach wins here despite the home field factor .

yep, sorry did not see those posts! Great Run you have going! Keep it up, and thanks for your contribution to the thread.....I'll probably tail you on your other picks, just not WVU lol

Probably wont have any others. Just not feeling much this weekend.

Good luck to you.

great stuff guys. thx for all the posts and the insight. i dont bet much but i love the thoughts of it and occasionally do as well. it makes watching lots of game that much more fun. keep up the threads guys.

Heres my plays for Saturday....

Pitt +6.5
Iowa -17
Bowling Green +4.5
W. Virginia +6.5
Cal +1.5
UConn -9
Oregon -15.5

No action on fsu or usc yet, to much movement right now.....

Good luck!

Latest posts