Weber's postgame comments

hawkIhoops

No doubt he is done at IL.

--Commented about no free throws today (which is odd) and how a bad call cost them the MN game.
--Said when Maniscalco got hurt they lost their leader and a freshman has been their leader since then. Said it's kind of sad when a freshman is your leader.
--Said Paul got frustrated and forced things, which led to TO's....a problem he has had all season.
--Talked about Leonard getting frustrated and not working to get open too many times this year.
--Said the team played as individuals and did not execute as a team too often this season.....thus their struggles.

They showed a clip during halftime of the PSU/Indiana game and he looked depressed as hell. Kind of felt bad for him.

Can't feel sorry for the guy with all that talent and did so little with it.

I can feel sorry for him, because by all accounts he's a great guy. He just never could seem to get that talent to play together as one, outside of his first couple years.

I can feel sorry for him, because by all accounts he's a great guy. He just never could seem to get that talent to play together as one, outside of his first couple years.

Some times you need role players. Reading about UCLA, same thing happened out there.

Have to agree - I don't see and hear everything, but I've never had any reason to think that Weber isn't a good guy, other than the fact that he's coaching Illinois, that is.

I don't think the outcome of today's game really mattered much as far as Weber's job was concerned.. He might have been gone anyway, unless ILL won 4 games in 4 days, and went on an NCAA run. But that would probably be delaying the inevitable, based on the past several years of underachieving and assuming that would continue. Today's game probably sealed the deal, though.

He went from loved to loathed pretty quickly. Weber has been on the hot seat with the fans for a few years now.

How was the 2005 team so good? Deron Williams was his best player by far but he has had talent since then that has done next to nothing.

How was the 2005 team so good? Deron Williams was his best player by far but he has had talent since then that has done next to nothing.
Luther Head and Dee Brown were pretty darn good too. They had 5 guys score in double figures as well.

He had Williams, in addition to Luther Head and Dee Brown (who was actually the better college player compared to Williams). But he probably benefitted from those guys having played together under Self, too. They learned how to work together, so Weber inherited a well-oiled machine. Since then, he's had all the hardware, but not the oil.

They were but I feel like they have had players who were around the same level since then.
I agree the talent hasn't gotten worse. It just seems like his players haven't responded to his coaching for whatever reason.

Illinois looked like they didn't care today near the end. They were mentally defeated.

He had Williams, in addition to Luther Head and Dee Brown (who was actually the better college player compared to Williams). But he probably benefitted from those guys having played together under Self, too. They learned how to work together, so Weber inherited a well-oiled machine. Since then, he's had all the hardware, but not the oil.
James Augustine was very solid also. He seemed like he didn't miss from the field.

We should have beat them at their place that year. Still get upset about that game for some reason. Probably because I hated that Illini team with a passion.

Illini fans complained about Lou Henson even though he did a tremendous job similar to Mr. Davis, then they hired Bill Self and he brought in the mother-lode: williams, head, ect. , then Self went to Kansas and they hired a Purdue guy in Weber, he went to the Final Four with Self's recruits and since then Self has kept Kansas in the top 5 where Weber has let the Illini slip.

We should have beat them at their place that year. Still get upset about that game for some reason. Probably because I hated that Illini team with a passion.
I hated most of their fans that season with a passion. They were even more arrogant than usual.

I watched the NCAA finals with some Illinois fans (not by choice) and it was fun to see their dream crushed. Mainly because they were so cocky all season.

I hated most of their fans that season with a passion. They were even more arrogant than usual.

I watched the NCAA finals with some Illinois fans (not by choice) and it was fun to see their dream crushed. Mainly because they were so cocky all season.

I see your from Bettendorf so as you know being in the Quad Cities was pretty ******* unbearable that year as far as college basketball is concerned. When I go back I see a lot less Illinois shirts now than I did then. Interesting.

Latest posts