Weakness Revealed

Villanova outplayed Iowa for about a 5 min stretch or so. The rest of the game was even or Iowa outplaying 'Nova. The problem was the damage they did in those 5 min. was severe.

Iowa is going to have problems with small, quick 3 guard lineups that can also play physical. 'Nova is a physical team for their size, and when they weren't hitting 3's they were strong enough to get to the rim, and finish.

Either way, it was a good test for Iowa, as 'Nova plays physical like a BIG team. It sucks they didn't finish, and lost the game, hopefully they learn and build from it. Iowa is a 9-11 loss team. My guess is they lose another Non con game to ISU, and will lose 7 or 8 in the BIG. Iowa isn't a top 5 team that will only lose 5 or 7 games, so these games are bound to happen.

Weakness for iowa is that they are jus really not that good

If you think Iowa isn't that good you must think Kansas really sucks. What I saw last night is two really good teams slugging it out with Iowa showing they were the slightly better team for most of the game. Then Villanova went lights out from 3 to steal the win.

The loss was extremely disappointing in terms of us letting one slip away but it didn't change my opinion of where we are as a team one bit.

Can you find Nova's 3 point percentage in the second half. That's what I'm talking about. To my memory, they went on a 3 point tear the whole half. They had to be above 50% from three in the second half .
Just stop posting and embarrassing yourself. They only shot 36% from 3 for the game. Against teams that play zone, good offensive teams will do that in their sleep. Your posts pretending this is some aberration are unbelievably stupid.

Just stop posting and embarrassing yourself. They only shot 36% from 3 for the game. Against teams that play zone, good offensive teams will do that in their sleep. Your posts pretending this is some aberration are unbelievably stupid.

Hey Skinner...go **** yourself. Ok. Maybe we need to look up the fact that they were shooting a poor percentage for 30 minutes and then started hitting everything from three. Down the stretch of that game (last 10 minutes), they got hot and shot a considerably higher percentage than the 36% for the game, and 41% for the second half.

So ****face, a team shooting 25% from three coming into the tournament shoots 41% in the second half and probably 60% in the last ten minutes. You are right unbelievably stupid. Why don't you stop posting because it's just embarrassing to read your crap.

If you think Iowa isn't that good you must think Kansas really sucks. What I saw last night is two really good teams slugging it out with Iowa showing they were the slightly better team for most of the game. Then Villanova went lights out from 3 to steal the win.

The loss was extremely disappointing in terms of us letting one slip away but it didn't change my opinion of where we are as a team one bit.

Skinner doesn't feel Nova went lights out from 3 to steal the win. Stop embarrassing yourself by posting these remarks.

Hey Skinner...go **** yourself. Ok. Maybe we need to look up the fact that they were shooting a poor percentage for 30 minutes and then started hitting everything from three. Down the stretch of that game (last 10 minutes), they got hot and shot a considerably higher percentage than the 36% for the game, and 41% for the second half. So ****face, a team shooting 25% from three coming into the tournament shoots 41% in the second half and probably 60% in the last ten minutes. You are right unbelievably stupid. Why don't you stop posting because it's just embarrassing to read your crap.
Awwww, is the little baby OP having a temper tantrum because he is embarrassed? NO WAY ANY OTHER TEAM CAN SHOOT AN AMAZING 36% FROM 3 AGAINST A ZONE!!!!!!!! Sorry you're so mentally handicapped that you have posted this multiple times. Good luck in your next special Olympics competition though. I'm sure 36% there is actually impressive.

Awwww, is the little baby OP having a temper tantrum because he is embarrassed? NO WAY ANY OTHER TEAM CAN SHOOT AN AMAZING 36% FROM 3 AGAINST A ZONE!!!!!!!! Sorry you're so mentally handicapped that you have posted this multiple times. Good luck in your next special Olympics competition though. I'm sure 36% there is actually impressive.
Wow. Don't think you needed to go that route.

Are you really this ******* dense?

They shot very well in the second half. But that's not relevant, because they obviously made their big comeback in the first half :rolleyes:

Wow...you really are stupid. Sorry, I just thought you were basketball ignorant. You are obviously a well rounded moron with the ability to make light of those less fortunate. Nice work. Numbnuts, it's not about them shooting 36% for the game, it's the percentage they shot when they made the run to overtime...many of which were defended shots. Let me go through this again...they shot really well down the stretch of that game when it was on the line. That's what I'm saying won't happen again. Oh, I don't think they will make 12 threes again in a half all year either.

Wow...you really are stupid. Sorry, I just thought you were basketball ignorant. You are obviously a well rounded moron with the ability to make light of those less fortunate. Nice work. Numbnuts, it's not about them shooting 36% for the game, it's the percentage they shot when they made the run to overtime...many of which were defended shots. Let me go through this again...they shot really well down the stretch of that game when it was on the line. That's what I'm saying won't happen again. Oh, I don't think they will make 12 threes again in a half all year either.

College bball stats are hard to predict. Hard to get a good sample size on a lot of guys until maybe their junior year. These are young players who often improve as well. McCabe shot the 3 ball this tournament very well, probably better than he will all year. Nova and Iowa shot the 3 ball better than the season stats say they should have

Sorry Jon, you are just flat wrong. This team has fundamental weaknesses that will prevent from doing anything real in the NCAA. Marble is a nice fairly skilled player who wants to be the go to guy but just doesn't have the talent needed to get it done consistently in crunch time. He is a very boaderline NBA guy and everyone else is too scared to do anything in crunch time so the defer to him. That will be our undoing in the end. We are a decent team that probably finishes top 5 in Big Ten, makes the tourney, then maybe wins 1 game and that will be it. Not terrible, but nothing to really write home about either.

This is correct.

This is correct.

He is kinda correct for the worst case scenario of this team. Pretty much every team has some issues. Ours are no worse than most. We just lost to a team that beat number 2 in the nation.

You also have to factor in how much our teams have improved during the year under Fran. There is no guarantee it will happen this year but if we improve as much as we did every other year we will be a legit top ten team come March.

Also we had players take over during the Xavier game and put it away without Marble. So that is hopefully a sign of things to come in regards to Marble being the only go to guy.

Dude. You are the worst kind of person. The crusty stuff on the bottom of an old tub type of scum. Serious question, how old are you? I'm guessing not a day over 15.

We are a good team. We havre great depth and ok overall talent. They play hard and I expect this team will be top 25 all year

Weaknesses as I see them (purely an amateur fan)

#1--If we don't transition, and, Marble is kept in check in the 1/2-court game, we struggle.
#2--We seem to get out-athleticism'd for rebounds
#3--No set offensive plays through our two centers
#4--See #1...Jok/Uthoff may pick up some of this slack, but for now, sans Marble, no self-generated scorers on this team.

Is this a death knell? Hardly.

But it is what it is.

Iowa opponents will see the tapes, and try to box us into this corner (#1)
Conversely, Iowa staff will try to coach Iowa out of #1.
As far as #2 - #4 go, #2 is what it is, #3 might come around with player development and I hope #4 comes to fruition.

Latest posts