We were out-coached again today

rodthompson

Similar to the Wisconsin game, our staff was out-smarted again today. Clearly Indiana saw something about our red zone tendencies and exploited it. It wasn't like the offense was just missing open opportunities. There was nothing there. Ferentz and O'Keefe's lack of ability to make adjustments is pretty scary.

I don't know about out-smarted but we really made some poor RED ZONE calls.

On D we are limited to what we can do from some injuries.

Iowa's playcalling was the difference inside the redzone. Way too much passing. IU has probably the worst run D in the conference, you have to run it down their throats. Bad decisions today, but the Hawks got lucky!

Similar to the Wisconsin game, our staff was out-smarted again today. Clearly Indiana saw something about our red zone tendencies and exploited it. It wasn't like the offense was just missing open opportunities. There was nothing there. Ferentz and O'Keefe's lack of ability to make adjustments is pretty scary.

In a couple of those red zone plays, Stanzi audibled, so it can't all be placed on the coaches.

sans norm = sans intelligent defensive adjustments

sans norm = sans intelligent defensive adjustments

Defense did good excluding the last drive and allowing the Indiana receiver to even have a chance at that catch. We held them to 13 points which I will take any day. We were just missing something on O (probably ARob). A win is a win. I would rather win ugly like we did than lose like ISU did today. That was gut wrenching.

Well, that clusterpuck of delay of game and offsides penalties sure was a thing of beauty on that one failed drive in the red zone. Maybe our coaches should hold up pictures like Oregon does for their playcalling. You know, have a picture of a play clock so Stanzi knows he is running short on time.

That's not accurate. Eventually that type of coaching will catch up to us. Just like the Wisconsin game. Ferentz had gotten away with poor clock management in the past, but it finally burned him in that game. If we can't make adjustments against a higher quality opponent, we definitely lose.

Defense did good excluding the last drive and allowing the Indiana receiver to even have a chance at that catch. We held them to 13 points which I will take any day. We were just missing something on O (probably ARob). A win is a win. I would rather win ugly like we did than lose like ISU did today. That was gut wrenching.

I would love to say that is the case, but the real reason is that when we scored I was standing up for our winning TD drive. Indy was moving the ball well until I sat back down. When I sat back down, we stopped them and they lost.

You're welcome Hawkeyenation. Great job D!

This is BS, maybe you just need to go away.

One play that I hated was the 4th and inches on the 40 yard line. Indiana could not stop our running game. We needed less than a yard.

Our defense couldn't stop Indiana all game from moving the ball down field, so who cares if we give them the ball on the 40 (assuming we didn't convert)? It's no different than our special teams kicking off and they always start around the 40 yard line!

Instead we punt the ball and it ends up in the endzone. We end up saving 20 yards.

I just hate how we NEVER play to win. Yes, I know that line is used in every sport and it's a ridiculous line. But it sure fits us.

Dear sweet God, you would think we lost the game.

WE WON THE FRIGGIN GAME WITHOUT OUR ALL WORLD RUNNING BACK. ON THE ROAD. AGAINST A TEAM WITH NOTHING TO LOSE. THAT HAS AN NFL CALIBER QB.

WE WON. REPEAT - WE WON.

WE LOST A GAME AGAINST WISKY WE SHOULD HAVE WON. MAYBE TODAY WE WON A GAME WE SHOULD HAVE LOST. BUT WE WON.

IT ALL EVENS OUT. WHEN DID THIS MESSAGE BOARD GET SO DARN NEGATIVE

This is BS, maybe you just need to go away.

Why, because I don't look at every game through black and gold colored glasses? Believe it or not, this coaching staff makes mistakes. I'm happy they won the game, but another trip to the Outback Bowl or the Capital One Bowl doesn't really excite me. Especially not with the talent this team has. It's a special team.

I would love to say that is the case, but the real reason is that when we scored I was standing up for our winning TD drive. Indy was moving the ball well until I sat back down. When I sat back down, we stopped them and they lost.

You're welcome Hawkeyenation. Great job D!

Very funny.... I know how you feel. I have a chair that I make my wife sit in when the Hawks are not doing well. I love her dearly, but she was out of town for the Wiscy game and asleep in bed for 'Zona. Sorry Hawkeyenation...

BTW, Indy refers ONLY to Indianapolis, never ever, ever, ever IU. Just to clear that up.

Dear sweet God, you would think we lost the game.

WE WON THE FRIGGIN GAME WITHOUT OUR ALL WORLD RUNNING BACK. ON THE ROAD. AGAINST A TEAM WITH NOTHING TO LOSE. THAT HAS AN NFL CALIBER QB.

WE WON. REPEAT - WE WON.

WE LOST A GAME AGAINST WISKY WE SHOULD HAVE WON. MAYBE TODAY WE WON A GAME WE SHOULD HAVE LOST. BUT WE WON.

IT ALL EVENS OUT. WHEN DID THIS MESSAGE BOARD GET SO DARN NEGATIVE

Wrong! And shouting doesn't make it right. We should have killed Indiana! Our poor clock management is an embarrassment. Will our coaches ever start paying attention to the clock???

I know for a fact that O'Keefe called a couple of thoes illegal proceedure penalties in the red zone to give Iowa more room to opperate and it almost bit him in the *** today. He also called the 56 yard rd pass when clearly we should have gone into victory formation and kneeled 3 times first so Indiana wouldn't have any time left.

Latest posts