We own...Penn State...

I wish it would have gotten louder. PA guy blared some music right when we started getting it going. Could it be heard on TV? I have not been able to rewatch the game on the DVR since I got home.

You can hear it when PSU runs the 1st play the last time they have the ball. Clayborn gets a sack though and everybody cheers ending the chant.

I for one hope that you couldn't hear it. I thought that's what the chant was from my seats but I wouldn't par take in that. It reminds me of when NW chants "just like football" when they beat us in both football and in basketball. I'd like to think that we are above that with Penn State. We should expect to beat them at this point. Similarly I don't do the Hawkeye State chant because that's a given and not up for debate.

I for one hope that you couldn't hear it. I thought that's what the chant was from my seats but I wouldn't par take in that. It reminds me of when NW chants "just like football" when they beat us in both football and in basketball. I'd like to think that we are above that with Penn State. We should expect to beat them at this point. Similarly I don't do the Hawkeye State chant because that's a given and not up for debate.

I disagree. What's so wrong with that? Penn State is a great football program. I agree on the isu thing. I generally do not acknowledge them at all.

I have no problem partaking in the chant. It is a friendly jab at the team. Do I like it when it happens to us? No, but if you don't like it, then win the game, plain and simple. It's better than the $*&@ You, A$$hole stuff the students do in Madison.

I have no problem partaking in the chant. It is a friendly jab at the team. Do I like it when it happens to us? No, but if you don't like it, then win the game, plain and simple. It's better than the $*&@ You, A$$hole stuff the students do in Madison.

I think the folks in Madison will be a quiet for awhile as their Big Ten title hopes are all but over.

I don't have a problem with the chant. The Penn State fans that were in our tailgate area at Finkbine were chanting their "We are...Penn State" all day long. I was really looking forward to a few "We own...Penn State" chants when we returned after the game, but curiously all of the Penn State fans were long gone before we ever got back to our car.

(I might have rolled down the windows to yell that at the Penn State buses as they passed us on Melrose. I doubt anyone on the buses heard us, but I still enjoyed it.)

Ahh, one of "those" types that thinks they are above everybody and everything. Let me guess, you're the guy that yells at everybody to sit down when 3/4 of the section is standing up?

Chanting "We own Penn State" is far better than chanting "Overrated", which is what Arizona's twits did at the end of the game down there.

Over on one of Penn State's sites, there is a thread dedicated to this chant. The OP didn't like it, but many of the following responses basically said, "well, they do own us". Nothing wrong with stating the truth. I do hate the overrated chant, though. Basically says that you're overrated because a crappy team like us beat you.

Over on one of Penn State's sites, there is a thread dedicated to this chant. The OP didn't like it, but many of the following responses basically said, "well, they do own us". Nothing wrong with stating the truth. I do hate the overrated chant, though. Basically says that you're overrated because a crappy team like us beat you.

I agree. Chanting "Overrated" just diminishes the accomplishment of beating the team you just beat. I think the "We own... Penn State" chant is a good one though.

I don't like it.

I also didn't like it when fans near us at Arizona chanted I-O-W-A after their final score.