we need a pt guard its as simple as that.

scia

Turnover machines is all we have. Bench Cartwright play marble,white,gatensmccabe,basabe or archie

Cartwright hasn't been terrible all year. He just showed he doesnt know what to do against a 1 3 1 zone even though he had over a week to prepare.

I have family in Iowa still and they say if Mike was there hed be the starter now.

gesell and clemmons are both better than bc. it will be fun to see which one gets the upper hand next yr to become starter. i would say gesell has the best chance but im sure clemmons wont roll over for him and just accept backing him up. i think they pretty much split the time.

At the beginning of the game McCormick said he talked with Fran and Fran said the key to beating NW's zone is to throw crisp passes and attack.....Iowa's pg goes on to do the exact opposite consistently lobbing passes over the top and not once trying to penetrate and create.

I love Fran and staff and I think they have done a nice job year-to-date, but to have 4 days of practice to prepare against a 1-3-1 zone and then come out and play the way they did is inexcusable. it wasn't just poor execution against the zone, it appeared they had no plan of attack. Iowa did exactly what NW's defense wants the other team to do.....lob the ball around and eventually throw it away.

The coaches should take the blame on this one along with PG play. Cartwright was the quickest guy on the court most of the game and he did not use it at all.

Remember when we had pgs like Monter Glasper, Chauncey Leslie, and Andre Woolridge who could break people down almost at will? Those were the days. We haven't had anybody like that in what seems like forever. Clemmons looks pretty quick in his tapes and should be a huge improvement from Cartwright. Not to mention he'll be a better defender as well.

Last edited:
White just said they worked on the 1-3-1 a lot the last 3 days in practice and Cartwright looks lost the entire night when he saw it.

Remember when we had pgs like Monter Glasper, Chauncey Leslie, and Andre Woolridge who could break people down almost at will? Those were the days. We haven't had anybody like that in what seems like forever. Clemmons looks pretty quick in his tapes and should be a huge improvement from Cartwright. Not to mention he'll be a better defender as well.

The last one is Dean Oliver in 2001 unless you want to count Pierce as a pg...he wasn't really but he could break anyone down.

Latest posts