We need 1 more RB

I don't see the need of a "change of pace" running back. Who was the change of pace running back for Shonn Greene, Sedrick Shaw, Ladell Betts, Tavian Banks, Nick Bell, etc. Switching running backs in and out takes the back out of the flow of the game, with a good off season conditioning program Coker will be able to go four quarters. We need to focus on db's, the d-line and CK (I know we don't have a great chance at landing him).

Shonn Greene: Jewel Hampton
Sedrick Shaw: Tavian Banks
Banks: ? I was 7 his senior year, I have no idea who was playing then behind him.
Betts: Greving?

Now when ADRIAN PETERSON has a partner in the backfield (see Chester Taylor/Toby Gerhart), I think it's safe to say that perhaps it's a good idea to have one for Coker. Gives him a blow. And let's just say the COP (irony) back was A-Rob. He's a PERFECT fit as a 3rd down back, because he's very good in areas that are Coker's weak spot right now: blitz pickup, and possibly pass receiving (we haven't really seen what Coker has to offer there, so it's not fair to say he's weak there).

I wouldn't cry if one of the guys we landed were Remound Wright III. However, I'd also not want us to land such a guy if he weren't open to possible future position changes.

Wright certainly "fits the bill" with respect to providing a change-of-pace ... however, he also projects nicely at CB. The question is whether his recruitment could possibly alienate any of our other RB commits.

Yeah, the really nice thing about Wright is the fact that he appears to be an elite prospect both at CB and at RB, so he could potentially fill two needs for us (btw, I think Coe is the same way - has good potential at both RB and OLB/DE).

He looks like a running back to me. Top 250 recruit by rivals, top in state of Indiana, 190 pounds, well built right now, supposedly extremely strong, and quick (reported 4.45 40)

Watch out for Jordan Canzeri out of NY. Apparently we're showing interest.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ODXDNylRE[/ame]

Banks: ? I was 7 his senior year, I have no idea who was playing then behind him.

Now when ADRIAN PETERSON has a partner in the backfield (see Chester Taylor/Toby Gerhart), I think it's safe to say that perhaps it's a good idea to have one for Coker. Gives him a blow. And let's just say the COP (irony) back was A-Rob. He's a PERFECT fit as a 3rd down back, because he's very good in areas that are Coker's weak spot right now: blitz pickup, and possibly pass receiving (we haven't really seen what Coker has to offer there, so it's not fair to say he's weak there).

Lewis:Young:Schnoor:Simmons:Brownlee

Im of the belief that there are some positions that you can never have enough depth. Iowa has proved over the last 7 years that RB is one of them.

Lewis:Young:Schnoor:Simmons:Brownlee

Im of the belief that there are some positions that you can never have enough depth. Iowa has proved over the last 7 years that RB is one of them.

Absolutely, it baffles me when I hear Iowa fans comment on us being "done" with RB recruiting when we only have 4 schollie RB's (assuming both McCall and Coe commit).

At this point I wouldn't oppose having 7 scholarship RB's, given our attrition history at that position. Further, RB recruits tend to be pretty damn good athletes, so even if they don't work out, they will have a spot somewhere on the team (appears to be very much the case with Coe, Wright, and Canzeri).

Farrow this weekend and another guy who is 4* visiting the next weekend on Scouts. Was originally a Stanford committ - Remound Wright

Last edited:

I would consider all of these back up running backs more so than "change of pace" running backs. For example, Jewel Hampton only saw action when Shonn Greene needed a blow or in garbage time. I honestly all ready think that we have a "change of pace" running back in DeAndre Johnson. If a running back can do it all, let him. Just my opinion.

Latest posts