We must finish 12-0 to secure the Roses...

justdavidlee

I am sorry to say, I believe OSU will beat PSU. So we must finish out 4-0. 11-1 will only get us to the Capital One bowl. No way the big ten gets two bcs teams. The natl. media hates this conference.

What if we beat OSU and lose one of our other games??
Also the national media can hate this conference all they want, an 11-1 Iowa team would get pounced on by BSC bowls IMO as an at large as long as we finish #11 or above.

I dont see PSU beating OSU. That is all. I do not even think PSU will beat MSU. Look at Penn st. Schedule. There are H.S. teams that have played tougher schedules. That aint no joke.

I think that if we win or lose to Ohio St, we will play in a BCS game because the Bowl officials know we travel well and spend money like crazy. They understand a lot more of what they want than the national media does.

What I disagree with the most is that an 11-1 Iowa team doesn't get a BSC at large. It is the Bowls that pick the at large teams if I'm not mistaken and Iowa fills their stadiums. Iowa also has a very tough SOS that will keep us in the top 12 with 1 loss.

As far as OSU, MSu beating Penn State, it could happen but I don't see them both beating Penn State. I also don't see OSu getting by PSU, Iowa and Mich without another loss.

Pryor will get a lot of heat vs PSu and Iowa, and in Iowa's case he'll be throwing into a very slaty group of DB's. That's going to be tough.

I do believe Penn State beats OSU, and even if we lose we won head-to-head again PSU, so I'm def. rooting for PSU on that one... Plus I'm not sayin' it'll be easy cuz OSU never is, but pryor loves to throw that ball up and our D loves to take those away. So i do believe we have a possibility of running the table, we just need to take it 1 game at a time. It's the big ten and anyone can lose on any day, OSU proved that 2 weeks ago...

There is way too much football to be played (i.e 1/2 a B11 season still to go!) for any certainties. Who saw the Purdue-tOSU score coming? If history tells us anything, there will be at least one more loss by Iowa, tOSU, or PSU besides the ones from the two-head-to-head meetings.

I dissagree.

By rule if we go 3-1 with one of those wins over Ohio State. We go to the Rose Bowl. IF PSU beats OSU on the 14th 2 way tie at 7-1 with PSU. 1st tie breaker is head-to-head (We win). If not we are the outright conference champs at 7-1.

There no scenario where we are not in Pasadena at 11-1 that includes a win over OSU. The conference rules dictate that.

If we go 2-2 the rest of the way we are going to finish no worse than tied for 2nd in the conference probably with Wisconsin, loser of PSU/OSU, and Michigan State.

Last edited:
As a younger person who's majority of his life has been tainted by the BCS and farcical entities such as the Motor City Bowl, the Music City Bowl, the PapaJohns.com Bowl, The Insight.com bowl, The Humanitarian Bowl, etc. etc. I don't really care about the Rose Bowl...once they went outside of the B10 P10 matchup they should have just changed the name to BCS's geisha girl bowl...Im starting to get intrigued by the Fiesta Bowl a little bit...

As a younger person who's majority of his life has been tainted by the BCS and farcical entities such as the Motor City Bowl, the Music City Bowl, the PapaJohns.com Bowl, The Insight.com bowl, The Humanitarian Bowl, etc. etc. I don't really care about the Rose Bowl...once they went outside of the B10 P10 matchup they should have just changed the name to BCS's geisha girl bowl...Im starting to get intrigued by the Fiesta Bowl a little bit...

The Rose Bowl only went outside of the Pac 10/Big Ten matchup before they added the 5th BCS game to be the National Championship game. I think we will always see the Pac 10/Big 10 matchup in the Rose Bowl. I could be wrong, but I think the Rose Bowl wanted to preserve that tradition as much as any bowl!

There is nothing wrong with fans looking ahead, that is one of the greatest parts of being a fan, all the "What if's" Now if the team thinks like this there is a problem. I would be lying if I said that I haven't already looked at airline and ticket prices for Pasadena.

I disagree that we need to go 12-0 to play in the Rose Bowl. If we go 11-1 with a close loss to Ohio State then I say we still end up in the Rose Bowl. 11-1 with a win over Ohio State means we lost to one of the worst teams in the league and that can kill any BCS hopes.

Latest posts