We just Wrapped up the title!!!

Mac50702

For Penn State. We're fighting for 2nd now. I know its only the first day, BUT Penn state came to wrestle and we didnt.

As much as I hate to say it, our performance today has be horrid. PSU and Cornell are in a 2 dog race and we are fading fast. And PSU will knock DSJ into consos next. Hawks just didn't come to wrestle.

I'm really really shocked after BTs at how lethargic they look. Someone asked Ironside if he thought the BTs would light a fire under them (the old cliche) and he said "i doubt it"... seems like he knows how it works.

Hawks look stunned from BTs still... even after a 2 week respite. It's sad.

Hopefully the infusion at 165, 197 and HWT (I think Telford will move in)... with a possibility of 184 getting upended as well.... will spark the Hawks but PSU loses no one except Pataky who is their worst qualifier anyway.

Need all championship guys to stay on that side in tomorrow's morning session...and the wrestleback crew to get on a roll like they did a few years ago. The Saturday morning session has been the key spot for a number of Iowa's championships.

It is not over yet, but it is close especially with several of the match ups for the hawks tomorrow...plus it is flat out bad that they just seemed to not show up today.

This thing ain't over yet. PSU has dominated and we are 6 pts off the pace. A few upsets tomorrow go our way and a few dont go their way and we are back in this thing. Never count the Hawks out until it's mathematically impossible. We ain't even close to that point yet. Janssen had a nice win over a #6 seeded wrestler to get things back on track!!!

Penn state looks good in the wake of winning so many second round matches BUT:

Pataky wrestles Boyle who beat him twice this year

Long has all american Sentes who just beat the only person to beat long this year

Alton will see novachcov who has one loss this year

Molinaro wrestles mario mason who has beat him already this year

Taylor has St. John who looks good and closed the gap at big tens

Ruth has defending all american amuchstegi

Wright wrestles top seed Honeycutt (undefeated)

Wade wrestles top seed Rey

Why not have faith? There is a very real possibility where PSU ends up with the same amount of finalists as The Hawks... maybe even less.

I am a bit shocked at how easily some of you are just giving up on the hawks. How many times have we seen the hawks have a great day on day 1 and struggle on day 2 (remember the midlands)? Who is to say that PSU won't fall on their face tomorrow? Who is to say that the hawks won't wake up tomorrow and tear everyone a new one scoring countless bonus points? If you are a hawkeye wrestling fan then act like it. If you want to give up, go root for someone else. I see throwing in the towel at this point as show a lack of respect to our wrestlers and coaches who have come along way from where "the experts" thought we be at this point. So maybe we didn't knock anyone's socks off today, but i am willing to bet our coaches will have the fire lit for tomorrow! GO HAWKS!! And thanks to Pin and others for their updates during the morning session for those of us that have to work.

Last edited:
Not over..

Got a couple rough wrestleback routes as well..

But, a few PSU losses (And they've got some tough matches tomorrow) and things could change up.. you can't lose faith after day 1.. and still having a bunch of guys out there to win points..

How many of you would have taken what we've done this year in the Big 10's and the NCAA tournament so far at the beginning of the year. I didn't expect us to be in contention with all the all americans we lost.

i think we're acting a bit spoiled

Good Lord, people. If you have never followed the tournament before, today is the big day. I have seen teams looking like they were running away with it blow it on Friday. Okie State in 2000 went into the second day with NINE wrestlers still alive in the championship and when they started losing, they got passed like they were standing still.

Was yesterday everything we hoped for? Of course not, but don't give up yet. And further FYI, wrestlebacks can be HUGE!

mac go back to watchin isu wrestle

Iowa42Penn State39.5Oklahoma State33Cornell29

through 141 its not over kids

Latest posts