We have got to find a PG

franstheman

Who can create and get in the lane. I love Gesell but that is not his game. I think he is a good player and plays a huge role on this team but I've felt all season he is too hyped. When his shot isn't falling, the team struggles. We need a Cartwright that breaks down the D and probes the lane.

I sure do think it is MG game.... or will be. He's a freshman and he played like it tonight. I think Fran made a mistake sitting him so long tonight. This is his team... he will learn quickly. He needed the minutes tonight to learn how to play at this level. I am very confident in what he will develop into.

What we really, really need is a PF while we wait for Woodbury to grow up

By next season, Gesell will be just fine at doing that. He got into foul trouble really early and taken right out of the game. Hard to create while on the bench.

lmao @ you guys who are ripping Gessell. Pathetic. The kid is a Fr that traveled with a young team and played a couple of games in CANCUN. Before you post something about one of our young players on a young team why not take some time down in your mom's basement with your super heroes and think about what a loser you have become.

What I would say is we saw that MG will struggle against strong pgs. This game makes me very scared for when Clemmons and Gesell have to go up against OSU or MSU or Michigan. All 3 have pgs that will work these freshmen over like the guy from WSU did. Hopefully they can develop quickly because this is more like what those two will see in the B1G. I just don't want to see Marble at the point too much...it is not best for the team.

lmao @ you guys who are ripping Gessell. Pathetic. The kid is a Fr that traveled with a young team and played a couple of games in CANCUN. Before you post something about one of our young players on a young team why not take some time down in your mom's basement with your super heroes and think about what a loser you have become.

awesome

post of the year? i'd vote for it.

Mods, is this the kind of crap we need on here? To be a good troll you've got to be a little more discrete. This is just a dumb thread. Lay off the kid. Is he the best PG we've ever had...no. but does he deserve to be ripped so early in his career...no.

I said that he is a good player but his strength is not attacking the basket. Am I wrong?

Well actually a guy standing and shooting can be stopped especially if there is not a post presence that is a threat. If you watch his recruiting hype it was his drive and pass. He won't be able to do those types of passes in B1G as well and drive and shoot on bigs like in AAU. Weak side help is tall and expecting...or they sit. Not so in hs or aau.

But he is better than I expected and he does learn from mistakes. He is not quicker than most B1G guards. Not slow, but not quicker.

post of the year? i'd vote for it.
It pales in comparison to my 2 page post entitled "War & Peace on HawkeyeNation: A Look Inside The Minds of Internet Posters", but considering it's a little shorter and more to the point, I have to admit I'd vote for it as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts