"We got two good Quarterbacks"

Bigtenchamp

"We got two good Quarterbacks."

That was Ferentz's response to "Is the quarterback conversation open?"

This tells me that CJ may start going forward... It would be easy to say "Jake Ruddock" is the starter.

He was asked this question at least twice and both times answered the same way.

I think he is wants to stay with Beathard...

I'm very surprised by this but I could really sense it...

Not sure if this link works to the video http://iowa.scout.com/2/1457016.html

I think he's going to use the next 2 weeks to figure out who he's going to hitch his wagon to for the rest of the year...

That is a true statement. A lot of teams would want either of our qbs.

CJ maybe has the bigger upside.

I think CJ starts or at the very least sees significant playing time. Not sure if KF even knows at this point. If KF knew for sure JR was starting, no way he answers the questions that way. He wouldn't have referenced Rudock at all. btw, I thought the same thing headed into this week and I believe Rudock could have played. The other thing to watch is which QB does the interviews.

IMO..great answer...no reason to give one's next opponent, or the fans for that matter, anything to scout and a lot to talk about.

IMO..great answer...no reason to give one's next opponent, or the fans for that matter, anything to scout and a lot to talk about.

Perhaps... however Kirk doesn't care for those kind of questions over and over.

Seems to me he would squash it if he could.

I think he is playing possum a bit for sure... But I also truly believe he doesn't know or is leaning towards CJ.

I think we see CJB BUT I think CJB could certainly lose his job back to Rudock if he has an extended period where he struggles like he did in the first quarter.

I think CJ starts or at the very least sees significant playing time. Not sure if KF even knows at this point. If KF knew for sure JR was starting, no way he answers the questions that way. He wouldn't have referenced Rudock at all. btw, I thought the same thing headed into this week and I believe Rudock could have played. The other thing to watch is which QB does the interviews.

Yes he does.

KF has plenty of time to view the tape of the game and debrief the staff up in the box to understand their perspective of the game. Obviously KF never makes a snap decision but that's perfectly fine in this instance, I want him to study CJ's performance and compare and contrast it to what JR did in the previous games. Also, he needs to debrief CJ as well to see what he saw and what he was trying to do, especially on any audibles.

KF may be slow to change anything but the more time he can give CJ, the more comfortable he can be with him playing QB. Lastly, I would expect CJ had a limited number of plays that he could run today so as he gains confidence and builds trust with his coaching staff, hopefully the playbook will be opened up even more.

That is a true statement. A lot of teams would want either of our qbs.

CJ maybe has the bigger upside.

I've been saying this since the SPring Game. Yes, Hawkeyes have 2 good QB's.

Fans should be much more worried about Wide receivers catching passes and the
Improvement in Run blocking by our Offensive line.

GO HAWKS

I think we see CJB BUT I think CJB could certainly lose his job back to Rudock if he has an extended period where he struggles like he did in the first quarter.

This.......these guys continuing to push each other
& injuries happen in Football. IOWA has a positive challenge with Jake R U D O C K......(not that hard to spell)
and CJ Beathard.

Either CJB starts and gets all the reps, or Rudock will start and rotate in CJB. I have a hard time seeing Kirk completely shelving 1 or the other.

Latest posts