"We don't need to hire a superstar coach"

credentials and big name hire are 2 different things. if you look at kf credentials before he was hired as the head man i would say he was a big name but not a splash hire. superstar splash hires are the guys laymen know about. in the football world norm and kf were big names that most fans didnt really know about.

And next year will most certainly make it three years in a row of being irrelevant. Sorry, but when your head coach makes top ten money, you expect him to at least entertain the idea of having a "superstar" offensive coordinator.
I expect him to hire the best coach who fits the team. You want a flashy name because in your world flashy is the most important thing.

Your way is for impetuous fans.

I expect him to hire the best coach who fits the team. You want a flashy name because in your world flashy is the most important thing.

Your way is for impetuous fans.

I never used the words flashy or big name. I used what Ferentz used, superstar. To me, superstar has some level of proven performance built into the definition. Tom Brady is a superstar football player, Albert Pujols is a superstar baseball player.

I never used the words flashy or big name. I used what Ferentz used, superstar. To me, superstar has some level of proven performance built into the definition. Tom Brady is a superstar football player, Albert Pujols is a superstar baseball player.

I think you misinterpreted KF wrong then. Besides you never know who the next superstar is. Who do you want KF to hire? who is your superstar hire for Iowa? That's what I want to know. Joe Philbin for OC and Rex Ryan for DC?

I expect him to hire the best coach who fits the team. You want a flashy name because in your world flashy is the most important thing.Your way is for impetuous fans.

ferentz was looking at superstar as being someone that would demand a lot of money. the only oc that i can think of demanding big money in that regard that might look at the position is chuck long and that bridge has been burned on both ends. he meant we could shell out the money if we had to, but he would look for the best fit (if that is a superstar so be it) but i doubt that will be a superstar.

And certainly both unworthy of contracts prior to earning said label.

Like Lickliter, Kirk's taking it to the bank. Whose fault is it that there isn't much talent there next year, the fans? Kirk's not responsible for the program's decline eh?

I think you misinterpreted KF wrong then. Besides you never know who the next superstar is. Who do you want KF to hire? who is your superstar hire for Iowa? That's what I want to know. Joe Philbin for OC and Rex Ryan for DC?

It's not my job to select Iowa's next O-coordinator, nor would I be qualified in any way. I'm simply saying I didn't like that he instantly seemed opposed to going after a "superstar" coordinator. It just goes along with his "We're just Iowa attitude."

It's not my job to select Iowa's next O-coordinator, nor would I be qualified in any way. I'm simply saying I didn't like that he instantly seemed opposed to going after a "superstar" coordinator. It just goes along with his "We're just Iowa attitude."

I 100% agree with the bolded, so why do you care if he says we aren't going to go after a super star? You obviously aren't qualified to pick the next OC so why question the man who is. You took it the wrong way IMO, so get over it.

I 100% agree with the bolded, so why do you care if he says we aren't going to go after a super star? You obviously aren't qualified to pick the next OC so why question the man who is. You took it the wrong way IMO, so get over it.

I'm NOT questioning any specific football decision! Just the general concept of not thinking big, which his statement implied to me.

Its interesting that you use Tom Brady as an example of a superstar, considering the Patriots drafted him with pick #199 in the 6th round of the draft. They clearly should have tried earlier for a "superstar" draft pick, maybe then they would have won the Superbowl.

Its interesting that you use Tom Brady as an example of a superstar, considering the Patriots drafted him with pick #199 in the 6th round of the draft. They clearly should have tried earlier for a "superstar" draft pick, maybe then they would have won the Superbowl.

well played sir. Well played.

And you'll be the same guy still defending him when he wins seven games again next season. Apparently being completely irrelevant is okay for you, because that's what Iowa has been for over two years now.
That "guy" is actually an automaton that has been programmed to agree with Kirk and his entire staff 100%. If Kirk hired Steven Ferentz as OC, it would churn out posts explaining why it was a brilliant move, and bash on any that dared to disagree.

Does your throat get dry breathing out of your mouth all the time?

Latest posts