We are Young

I am pretty disappointed so far with Pemsl. He seems to pass up anything that is a jump shot and he's missing too many bunnies. So, either he's no good or he's way too reluctant. I don't think he's no good. but he needs to start shooting the jumper.

He will be alright

Everyone adjusting to the combinations

Really like Pemsl and Kriener together

He does need, along with almost the entire team, to Make The Free Throws

Similar situation to the teams with MG, and Marble...good kids, but not great leaders to follow.

I am thinking CM is the guy...Baer does it with his hustle and will.

A great leader/elite PG is needed...

JB has a little leader in him...I like him...True Grit

Connor, in the preseason games, shows very good composure and savvy. Not concerned about his three. It will come just as soon as he makes the first one. Won't need him scoring points as much as running the team.....

Like the way he uses the bounce pass, shades of DrTom.....

:cool:

He will be alright

Everyone adjusting to the combinations

Really like Pemsl and Kriener together

He does need, along with almost the entire team, to Make The Free Throws

well, duke, he passed up several wide open 10 footers against Gramb St. That isn't a good sign, if you ask me. If he DOES start taking those shots, then he's another valuable piece of the puzzle. But we don't need another Dom Uhl...someone who is not aggressive. that is my concern.

For some reason, Fran can't get I think every great team are strong at the guard position. So in order for us just to be a good team, we need our bigs to be outstanding. Today shows they all have a long way to go. We got dominated down low by a Sunbelt team. Embarrassing.

71 of 71 points today scored by freshman or sophomores

And 80 of the 80 points we gave up today were by freshman and sophomores. Unfortunately Brady is our best perimeter defender right now and I'm not sure how it is isn't Moss since he's a lot more athletic. I don't know if it's lack of coaching or lack of effort with him on that end of the court but it's hard to watch.

And 80 of the 80 points we gave up today were by freshman and sophomores. Unfortunately Brady is our best perimeter defender right now and I'm not sure how it is isn't Moss since he's a lot more athletic. I don't know if it's lack of coaching or lack of effort with him on that end of the court but it's hard to watch.
Well as most things that come from you this is wrong. I saw Ahmad Wagner get backed down and scored on.

As long as we are here we can discuss two things you are already wrong about to start this young season.

You were adamant that Fran wouldn’t bench Uhl and that he would play every game. WRONG

You didn’t think Nunge was one of the top 7 players on this team. WRONG.

The thing that always bit Iowa BB in the past where our star players getting injured,or getting in trouble with the law or flunking out. Since Fran has arrived, most of that nonsense has disapeared. Players appear to enjoy playing for him and want to be a part of something he is building.

Well as most things that come from you this is wrong. I saw Ahmad Wagner get backed down and scored on.

As long as we are here we can discuss two things you are already wrong about to start this young season.

You were adamant that Fran wouldn’t bench Uhl and that he would play every game. WRONG

You didn’t think Nunge was one of the top 7 players on this team. WRONG.

You're right I did forget Wagner got scored on. I am still surprised Fran has benched Uhl and am very happy he has. It's a step in the right direction to figure out the rotation if he doesn't feel like he needs to be loyal to a senior.

Not to be a contrarian, but I thought L/L was quite talented and certainly well coached.Thought I recognized one of their big guys (Stalcup) from seeing him play in HS here in Colorado so checked the roster. They had several high profile transfers, the Missouri transfer was player of the year in HS in MO. It will be interesting to see how this tourney plays out for these two teams. I’m old enough to remember another low profile team from LA that hit a shot from the left corner to beat us in the NCAA tourney.

I still have high hopes for this team, but, unless Fran can somehow magically improve our perimeter defense to limit penetration, it could be a season that never gains traction. Our lack of athleticism on the perimeter continues to kill us, and with defensively limited players such as Bohannen, Ellingson and McCaffery, that's going to be a challenge.

I still have high hopes for this team, but, unless Fran can somehow magically improve our perimeter defense to limit penetration, it could be a season that never gains traction. Our lack of athleticism on the perimeter continues to kill us, and with defensively limited players such as Bohannen, Ellingson and McCaffery, that's going to be a challenge.

Yep, not having a true point guard is going to hurt us this year. Bohannan is a terrific basketball player but he should be a 2 not at the point.

People can find any excuse they want for this team but the lack of athleticism at the guard positions is what is going to hurt us all year long.

Latest posts